It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete multiple links in DOORS Next Generation

andrew s (1113) | asked Aug 02 '16, 2:05 p.m.
I have hundreds of links between artifacts in two different modules in DOORS Next Generation that I need to delete. Is there a way to do so without having to select each link individually and then delete them one-by-one.  With hundreds of links, that's going to take hours and hours of work. I know how to do it in the stand-alone version of DOORS, but can't figure it out in Jazz DOORS Next Gen. How can I delete all links in one fell swoop?

One answer

permanent link
Alex Ivanov (713) | answered Aug 02 '16, 3:10 p.m.

Can't say this is the most straightforward way but I was able to achieve mass link deleting by using Link by Attribute which you can invoke (v6.0.2) from the pencil icon on the artifact or from a view. Basically you need an attribute that contains the IDs of what you'd like to link to so you can run this once where DNG will populate the attribute for you based on the existing links. Once you got that you can update the attribute to remove the values you don't want and then rerun it again saying you'd like DNG to delete links for those that don't have IDs.

There are 3 choices with each one having another set of choices so this will do the trick. Also keep in mind it will do everything regardless of what is showing on the screen for that specific attribute.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.