It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to receive an event in case of work item update and logout of a connection in the Team Artefacts view using RTC SDK

Krasimir Malchev (56531) | asked Aug 02 '16, 1:50 a.m.

Environment: Windows 7 x64, RTC 5.0.2

Can you please help me with the following 3 questions:

1) Is it possible to receive an event when a given work item has been updated / changed (a change set has been added/updated/completed)?

In general, the question is related to any update on a given work item (including in the discussions section and approval tab (a new approver has been added, for example ) )

2) Can I receive an event if an existing repository connection has been updated (logged out due to a network issue, for example) and how?

3) How can I integrate source code and documentation for all non RTC related libs (Eclipse platform specific APIs) in RTC SDK?

It looks like the RTC SDK (5.0.2, for example) has documentation and sources for the RTC-related libraries.

However no sources and documentation are present for the non-RTC-specific libraries (for example APIs related to the Eclipse platform). As a result for all non RTC-related types I have in the source code the following message: "Note: This element has no attached Javadoc and the Javadoc could not be found in the attached source."

Thanks for your valuable support!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 02 '16, 3:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
1) Yes
2) No
3) You can get the source code for Eclipse on Eclipse.org.

Does that help?
It is pointless to try to answer 1 and 2 as it does not provide any hint for what you want to achive. Please see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and provide more information what you want to achive.

Comments
Krasimir Malchev commented Aug 02 '16, 3:38 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '16, 3:45 a.m.

Hello, Ralf.

1) Can you please help me find an example how to do it (what exactly RTC API should I use and how)?

3) I have created a target pointing to RTC 5.0.2 SDK folder in Eclipse and set it as default exactly how you describe it in the numerous wonderful articles of yours. 

I have also Eclipse SDK downloaded, but the version is different from the Eclipse-specific jars in RTC 5.0.2 SDK.

Nevertheless, what should I exactly do so that the sources and documentation from Eclipse SDK are integrated to RTC 5.0.2 SDK folder?

Thanks a lot for your fast response!

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 02 '16, 3:42 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '16, 3:46 a.m.
  1. What is an event? What is supposed to happen with it? What are you trying to achive?
  2. I always only use the RTC SDK and never the source for the rest of Eclipse. Sorry, I can't answer this.

Krasimir Malchev commented Aug 02 '16, 5:19 a.m.

1. I want to be notified when someone else updates a Work Item (say a new Change Set has been added to that WI or a new approver has been added). If we assume I have a combo with all CS comments of that WI, I'd like to automatically update the combo in response to the addition of a new CS in the WI.

3)  I haven't found a way to add the documentation for all classes in packages such as org,eclipse.* when using the RTC SDK as a target.

That being said, I am not able to have the proper documentation integrated in Eclipse IDE (when RTC SDK is set as a target)  - as a result no documentation is shown when I hover the mouse cursor over such classes ( for example ComboViewer, Job, ...). I have no code completion enabled for them, too. I have to look for the documentation in external resources.

On the other hand if I use the Eclipse SDK as a target, I have the missing sources and documentation shown in Eclipse now but do not have the RTC part

It is really difficult for me to work like this and my hope was in this forum

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 02 '16, 5:59 a.m.
  1. The following mechanisms are available.

A. Event handler (only for work item state changes)
    B. Follow up actions / preconditions
    C. Asynchronous tasks

B can be used for pretty much any change. C I am not totally sure what you can do.
    There are examples on my blog.

You might want to review https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/rtc-process-customization-what-you-can-and-cannot-do/ . There are links in the presentation.

2. Maybe trying to download an Eclipse PDE version and P2 Install RTC into it? I have no better answer.

Krasimir Malchev commented Aug 02 '16, 6:36 a.m.

Hello, Ralf.

Thanks a lot!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.