It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RQM create multiple defects by spreadsheet?

Brenda Leow (111) | asked Jul 31 '16, 10:05 p.m.
edited Sep 07 '16, 2:53 a.m. by Mehul Patel (9695)
I am using RQM 6.0 and i have a list of defect, but i see there i can only create defect one by one. I don't use RTC and i don't know REST API works

Comments
Don Yang commented Aug 01 '16, 2:07 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '16, 2:08 a.m.

Hi, Brenda

If you don't use RTC, what tool do you use for the defect repository? where do you create defect one by one?
since you talk about spreadsheet, are you using ExcelImporter to create RQM artifacts?

Brenda Leow commented Aug 01 '16, 2:15 a.m.

yes, i use ExcelImporter to create test case and test script.

At the part change request, there is an option for me to create defect item and work items home, i use tat to create defect

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Sep 07 '16, 8:41 p.m.
edited Sep 07 '16, 8:44 p.m.
it is weird that I did not receive Brenda's comment until Mehul answered. As suggested by Mehul, ExcelImporter does not support defect creation. If you are considering to do defect bulk creation, please use csv import function to create defects:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.workitem.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_importing_work_items_csv_file.html

In this case, I think you have RTC installed and defects will be created within RTC repository(when you create from within RQM one by one, I believe it was created into RTC project)

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Sep 07 '16, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Brenda,

ExcelImporter can create requirements if configured from cfg file but creating defect is not supported. But I understand the scope of query is not related to RQM or ExcelImporter, tagging query with RTC tag.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.