It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changesets related to one baseline API

Paul Schitz (112) | asked Jul 29 '16, 4:51 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '16, 6:44 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 I am not able to find a clean solution for getting the Changesets related to one specific Baseline in a Stream. 

example of eclipse

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 29 '16, 6:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 29 '16, 6:48 a.m.
There is, as far as I know no absolute relationship between a baseline and any change sets. The only question you can ask is which change sets are in a component with respect to a baseline and another baseline. The latter one could be the initial baseline of the component, which gives you all the change sets that contribute to the current baseline.

Comments
Paul Schitz commented Jul 29 '16, 6:55 a.m. | edited Jul 29 '16, 6:55 a.m.

But how does the eclipse plugin show it in the pending changes view. It is always the baseline and then the changesets which are part of it. I am not allowed to upload any example pic.

Could I have these code?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 29 '16, 7:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the pending changes view, you see the relationship between the current state of the component in the repository workspace compared to the stream. You also see the latest baseline in the component based on the current state.

Basically you have always two states you compare. I have some code examples in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/delivering-change-sets-and-baselines-to-a-stream-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/

Please consider asking what you want to achieve and why, instead of what you can not do, so people can answer that.

Paul Schitz commented Aug 04 '16, 5:53 a.m.

Ok,

We have a Jenkins-Plugin in which we deliver Changesets, Baselines and Set of Baselines to some other stream. During the delivery we check for the differences between these 2 Streams and then we deliver first the baselines(this works) and then the remaining changesets(also working) which are not part of any baseline. 

During the delivery we are creating a log in which we want to show all the changesets related to a Baseline. And this is not working! Iam getting either only all outgoing baselines or all outgoing changesets. But I would like to distinguish between changesets which are part of baseline-delivery and which are not.

Is this clear? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.