It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dojo script not working on Save WI, but works on attribute dependencies

Pankaj Sharma (401169) | asked Jul 28 '16, 11:40 a.m.
I have written dojo scrip to update counter value on change of another attribute, But i want that script should execute only on save WI, but its not working.

Note: its working when i set any dependency attribute and change that attribute

Please help

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 29 '16, 3:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't realli dug into this but calculated values have in general worked for me. as described in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#Calculated_values which explains the general execution you should see.

Script-based calculated values

Note: You can find general information about script-based attribute customization in the Using scripts for attribute customization section.

If you configure a Script-based calculated value, the script will be executed in three cases:

• When a work item is created, the script is executed
  • When a work item is saved, the script is executed to recalculate the value.
  • When an attribute which the current attribute depends on is changed, the value of the current attribute is recalculated. Depending on the presentations of the two attributes this may not work in all cases.

Comments
Pankaj Sharma commented Jul 29 '16, 3:48 p.m.

Thanks Ralph

I also believe the same, but do you have any idea what could be the probable reason for the script not executing on save.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.