It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query on the work items linked to change sets in a stream

Marie Michelin (14317) | asked Jul 28 '16, 10:57 a.m.
I use RTC 5.0.2 (and will move to 6.0.2 next), with Eclipse client.

I need to check the content of a stream to see if change sets delivered in this stream are the ones that are planned for a specific iteration.
So I would like to know if it is possible to make a query on the work items linked with the change sets included in my stream.

Thanks for your help,

4 answers

permanent link
Morten Madsen (3053150) | answered Mar 30 '17, 8:01 a.m.

You could enforce that only work items planned for your current iteration could be delivered to your stream using the "Work items must match query" deliver-precondition. 

This would enforce your process and remove the need to check this requirement after delivery.

Comments
Marie Michelin commented May 05 '17, 4:36 a.m.

Thanks for your answer.

This would be great but today our admin forbids to modify the project area process, because he doesn't want us to diverge from the process template put in place.

Another thing I see is if when the deliver is realised before the planned for attribute is changed. Sometimes, it happens that the planned for attribute is changed because of changes in the project planning, but the source code changes are already delivered in the stream. It would be great to catch this easily before creating the snapshot for example.

permanent link
Marie Michelin (14317) | answered Aug 17 '16, 10:04 a.m.
edited Aug 17 '16, 10:05 a.m.
Do you mean the "Require Work Item and Comments" precondition ?

If this is the case, problem is that it is not always the current iteration that is concerned and it is a general behavior for all the streams. Perhaps, some of them won't have the same behavior.

I just would like to be able to make a query on the change sets of the stream, to be sure that they are linked with the "correct" work items.

I'm surprised that no one else need this.

The workaround we apply now is to add at the beginning of the summary of the work item, the iteration name. So when we compare the stream content with current baseline, we can see easily if one of the change set is linked with a work item planned for another iteration. But it is not really reliable.

Thanks for your help,

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 01 '16, 1:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Normally, the time to check this would be during the Deliver operation (and there is a built-in precondition you can turn on for Deliver that enforces this).

permanent link
Sudipto Sarkar (631343) | answered Jul 28 '16, 1:19 p.m.
 If your intention is just to get the workitems, then you can create a plan with the specific iteration.

Comments
Marie Michelin commented Jul 29 '16, 2:02 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '16, 1:28 p.m.

No, my objective is to verify that no change set included in my stream is linked to a work item planned for another iteration.

Today I'm able to verify that all the change sets linked to work items planned for an iteration are in the stream. But I would like to check the other change sets.

So I'm not sure that a plan can do this. But perhaps I missed something.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.