It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while importing .migiz

gaurav goswami (815) | asked Jul 28 '16, 12:39 a.m.
edited Jul 28 '16, 2:10 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I have exported a project from 9.6 and when importing it to DNG,it goes upto 1% and then gives,import error.
When i open the report,it gives no message, just the following:

Report for import of ReqIF Package: https://myserver/rm/reqif/_tX6s8lR6EeanN68_SeNRNQ

Can aybody tell me the reason for this.What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Comments
gaurav goswami commented Jul 28 '16, 12:41 a.m.

Also note, when i export the Migration package from DOORS 9.6, it exports as .reqif and not .migiz. i then manually need to change it to .migiz and them import to DNG.
DNG Version: 6.0.2

5 answers

permanent link
Koak Lodge (156110) | answered Jul 29 '16, 10:59 a.m.

No idea. The errors generated by migration packages are completely useless and the results can be terrible things like attributes without types that cause database corruption. The whole thing is a black hole of time and frustration. In fact, after going through a hellish experience with migration packages, I advise people to not use them. I recommend migration with CSV.

permanent link
gaurav goswami (815) | answered Jul 29 '16, 7:39 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '16, 8:09 a.m.
So,the next time i import it imports link types,folders but not Artifacts.
It gives this error
Error importing Artifact into module _207508ee-3674-4ed6-8a42-96582cede6d7: Propagated exception; original message [ForbiddenException: CRRRS8663E This attribute definition is unknown: https://myserver/rm/types/

Any idea why? I have tried importing different packages,but every time it imports everything except for the modules.

Thanks for the guidance though.

permanent link
Koak Lodge (156110) | answered Jul 29 '16, 3:49 a.m.

Weird. When I click the "Manage Migration Package for X" dialog's Export button, the Export Migration Package dialog that appears has *.migiz for the filename, and the Browse button's File Selector dialog also specifies "Migration Definition files (*.migiz)".

If you get a *.reqif file, have you tried importing that using the "Import requirements from a ReqIF file" option? (I assume you're working in sandbox(es) for these experiments.)

I'm using a 9.6.1.6 client. You might want to upgrade your client for the latest updates of migration package functionality.

Comments
gaurav goswami commented Jul 29 '16, 6:43 a.m. | edited Jul 29 '16, 6:44 a.m.

Yes on trying the Import using ReqIf file,it gives Error saying ,"the package is a migration package,this option is for ReqIf file.".
I have although figured out a solution, the migration package must always be imported into a new project area,else it will give error.
But,views are not exported and still the extension is .reqif

permanent link
gaurav goswami (815) | answered Jul 29 '16, 12:09 a.m.
Migration Metrics

1. Select Project from left pane.
2. Go to File->Migration->Migration Metrics
3. In Migration Metrics window,under Select Scope option, select "Specific Modules"
4.Select the relevant modules,Under metrics//(Select OLE,RTF Styling-These options not available for 9.6.1.3)
5.Browse Target Location->Provide Suffix(This N/A for 9.6.1.3)->Click Go
6.Check the Metrics report for any repeated Attribute,if Needed sync the attribute type/change names

Migration Package
1.Select Project->Migration->Manage Migration
2.In Migration Package window,Click create->Give Name,Description and add Modules,Add
3.In Manage Migration window,->Select Migration Package->Click Export->Specify the target Location->Click OK

In the last step by default the file extension is .reqif,so i change as .migiz and export

permanent link
Koak Lodge (156110) | answered Jul 28 '16, 7:52 a.m.
edited Jul 28 '16, 7:53 a.m.

Can you run through the steps you're using to create the migration package in DOORS?

When I’ve created migration packages in DOORS, they come out as *.migiz files. And these are essentially ZIP files with all the OLEs and images plus the ReqIF file. So if you’re trying to feed DNG a renamed ReqIF file using the import "Migration Packages" method, I assume the first thing it tries to do is unzip it, which I assume would cause an error.

Comments
gaurav goswami commented Jul 28 '16, 8:57 a.m.

Yes, i have followed all steps, yet when i create the package and export it,it shows extension as .reqif,so even if i change the extension to .migiz the file gets exported as Name.migiz.reqif. I am using doors 9.6.1.3

Koak Lodge commented Jul 28 '16, 9:05 a.m.

I meant, can you describe the steps you took in DOORS to create the migration package?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.