It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filter across modules

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Jul 27 '16, 4:45 a.m.
 Is there a way to filter all the requirements from different modules by setting an attribute to a value (Ex: Priority = High)

2 answers

permanent link
Koak Lodge (156110) | answered Jul 28 '16, 7:44 a.m.

So here’s what I would do:

On the “Artifacts” page, click on the “Filter by Folder” bar on the right side and click on a folder.

Then click on the “Configure Page Settings” icon on the column header bar in the middle section, and add a column for the attribute you want to filter on. This way you have manual visual confirmation that artifacts in that folder have the attribute values you’re looking for.

Then click on the “Filter by Attribute” bar on the right side. The “Filter by Folder” bar will slide down and should have “is in: <folder you selected>”. Click on “More attributes”, enter/select the attribute name exactly as shown in the column header bar, choose your “contains” or “is any of” or whatever action, and enter/select the values. Then hit “Apply”.

If that doesn’t work, you’re seriously doing something wrong or you're database is screwed up...

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Jul 30 '16, 2:47 a.m.

Hello MK

Thanks a lot for your response. I tried the above method but it still doesnt work. Actually the attributes which i am trying to filter on is an attribute for the requirements within the module. The folder which i choose simply lists the modules with their artifact type, modified by and modified on. Within each module, i can go and filter by any attribute , it shows me the correct results. But  is there any way to filter (by attribute) all the artifacts across all modules in a folder? Please let me know. 
NOTE: it is basically like listing all the records from multiple tables in a database by specifying on a single column value = XXXX.

Koak Lodge commented Aug 01 '16, 3:30 a.m.

Ah, ok, so the problem is that (most likely) each module in the folder has a subfolder where its artifacts are stored. Unfortunately there is no way to specify to filter recursively through subfolders. You can't do this in JRS either.

1. You can try taking off the folder filter, but then you filter through *all* artifacts in your project area. How bad it performs depends on the size of your project area.

2. You could throw all the module artifacts from all the subfolders into a collection and filter that. But any newly added after that are left out until you throw them in too.

3. You could run a JRS that searches the whole project area. The data will be as old as the synch rate, but it works faster than the first idea and you can post the table/graph to a dashboard.

permanent link
Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | answered Jul 27 '16, 7:42 a.m.
Requirements from where? DOOR/RDNG (Doors Next Generation).
I am considering for RDNG, you have two options "Filter by folder" and "Filter by attribute". so you can first apply filter on a particular folder having all the modules and then apply "Filter by Attribute" -> More attributes-> select Priority->select High.
I hope this helps you.

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Jul 27 '16, 11:34 p.m.

Hi Deepali

Thanks for the response. The requirements are in DOORSNG. I tried the above method by applying a filter on the folder first and then the attribute (which I am sure exists) , but it comes back saying no artifacts found. I tried the same for several folders and attributes. But doesnt provide any output.
I am assuming there must be a way to query the entire  set of artifacts in a folder (or even a project) at once. Please let me know.

Deepali Deshmukh commented Jul 28 '16, 2:06 a.m.

Which version are you using for RDNG? I  can see this feature in RDNG V6.0

lakshmi shree commented Jul 28 '16, 2:24 a.m.

Hi Deepali

I am using RDNG 6.0 . In fact, i can see the feature, but it doesnt provide me with the desired result (which is a set of artifacts with which match the filter value). PLease find the screenshot attached.

lakshmi shree commented Jul 28 '16, 2:25 a.m.

In case you are not able to view the screenshot , it says " No artifacts match the selected folder or filter"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.