It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

error messagein Java API client after Server 6.0.1 upgrade

Roger Layani (5313238) | asked Jul 24 '16, 6:00 a.m.
 we upgrade our RTC server to 6.0.1 version
I also upgraded my client to 6.0.1 and was able to connect via eclipse interface
But I cannot use anymore old Java API client applications I get error message: 
Unable to login: CRJAZ0056I There is a version mismatch for the "com.ibm.team.repository" service.  The server version is "37" while the client version is "32".

Even I have update my Plain Java API library to 
RTC-Client-plainJavaLib-6.0.2
have someone any idea why this happen?

2 answers

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Jul 24 '16, 12:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 24 '16, 12:43 p.m.
If your server's at 6.0.1 you should not be using a client that's at 6.0.2; the server version must be at the same or a higher version level than any of clients from which you are connecting.

You should also check that the RTC Client Eclipse libraries you're using conform to the N-1 requirement for client - server connections.  See https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_n-1.html for a discussion and a compatibility table.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '16, 1:19 p.m. | edited Jul 24 '16, 1:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I know we support N-1 and not N+1. So the client needs to be lower (one major version lover at max) or same.
However, this seems to be related to the Plain Java Client Libraires. So they need to deploy the current versionof that. Apparently they package the 4.x or lover version of that.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 24 '16, 8:36 a.m.
how do you package your application? do you just use the supplied jar files
or did you copy from the supplied jar files into a folder or an executable jar file?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.