It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I configure ETLs to extract data from a single project area in RTC?

Jorge Alarcon (411022) | asked Jul 22 '16, 5:08 p.m.
Hi

I now that Rational Insight offers to customize jobs, but I would like to know how to do it if what I want is to extract the data from only one project area within an RTC to fill up a datawarehouse, or is this something that can be done using DCC?

Regards

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 22 '16, 5:26 p.m.

This might be possible, but all reporting against the data warehouse respects the visibility of data against the authority of the person executing the report, if that is part of your concern....

Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 22 '16, 5:44 p.m.

Hi Kevin

Our situation is that a client wants to be able to extract the information from their project area directly from the database however due to certain policies we can't give them access because they will have access to other clients projects that share the same clm, so we opted to configure a rational insight to fill another datawarehouse with their project area information only so that they can read all that information.

Thanks

Steve Mulligan commented Jul 25 '16, 10:08 a.m.

The Rational Insight XML interface only supports getting data from all the project areas for a CLM server.  However, The second instance of Rational Insight could be set up with a filter on the Data Manager JFS and RTC jobs to filter out all projects but the one you want into second warehouse.  You would have to reapply the filter when Rational Insight is upgraded.

Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 25 '16, 1:40 p.m. | edited Jul 25 '16, 2:28 p.m.

Hi Steve

do you know where can I find more detailed information / tutorials that could help me to create these filters?

Regards

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 23 '16, 10:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 23 '16, 10:23 a.m.
I don't believe that is possible, at least not easily. I think the new Reporting in RTC 6.0.x respects access control to project areas as far as I can tell.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.