It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC build error

Anusha venkatesh (1111) | asked Jul 20 '16, 5:44 a.m.
edited Jul 20 '16, 5:47 a.m.
Hi, I am new to RTC and trying to create and execute builds.
i installed build engine toolkit and jazz team server
created a build engine and build definition
When i try to start the jazz server through command prompt i can see errors
ex:
c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse>jbe -vm "C:\Program Files\ibm\JazzTeamServer\server\jre\bin\java" -repository https://igartc02.swg.usma.ibm.com/jazz/web/projects/LPDE -userId username -pass password
-engineId Test Project1 engine.

2016-07-20 15:13:36 [Jazz build engine] Exception occurred in build loop: org/ec
lipse/emf/ecore/util/EcoreUtil
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/EcoreUtil
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.UUID.generate(UUID.java:68)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.CertificateStore.computeAlia
s(CertificateStore.java:116)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.CertificateStore.enterCertif
icate(CertificateStore.java:179)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.CertificateStore.enterCertif
icates(CertificateStore.java:196)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.CertificateStore.loadCertifi
cates(CertificateStore.java:228)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.SharedTrustStoreProvider.add
CertificatesFromStore(SharedTrustStoreProvider.java:119)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.SharedTrustStoreProvider.loa
dSystemCertificates(SharedTrustStoreProvider.java:101)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.SharedTrustStoreProvider.bui
ldRuntimeTrustStore(SharedTrustStoreProvider.java:80)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.SharedTrustStoreProvider.<in
it>(SharedTrustStoreProvider.java:133)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ValidatingX509TrustManager.<
init>(ValidatingX509TrustManager.java:79)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.SecureInterruptableSocketFac
tory.<init>(SecureInterruptableSocketFactory.java:118)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.buildHostCo
nfiguration(RemoteTeamServer.java:269)
Any help appreciated.
Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 20 '16, 8:11 a.m.
I think there are mentions of installing RTC clients ( scm / jbe ) in locations whose name contains space [ Program Files(X86) ] can cause subtle problems.   One could also try the jbe.bat with the same parameters, but the location is probably the issue.

Comments
Anusha venkatesh commented Jul 22 '16, 4:37 a.m.

Hi kevin,

Many Thanks for the reply.
 i tried your solutions.but didn't worked out.Space is not the issue.It is  [ Program Files (X86) ]with space.

ketaki pangu commented Oct 03 '18, 2:03 a.m. | edited Oct 03 '18, 7:27 a.m.

Hello Anusha, 

I am also facing the same issue. What is the solution to solve this issue? How did you handle this error?
Please share help me to resolve this...

Regards,
Ketaki

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Oct 04 '18, 10:37 a.m.
since it is under "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\", what happens if you start the build with "Administrator privileges" (This is only for testing).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.