It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC 6: Dependent enumeration from a checkbox list to a dropdown not working

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Jul 18 '16, 12:24 p.m.
retagged Aug 05 '16, 3:16 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
 Hello, 

I have a list of check boxes linked with an enumeration list and I have a value set with dependencies already set, and I have a drop down using this value set, but the problem is when I check one or multiple choices of the check box list it doesn't work, it works if I have a dropdown menu as a source but the list of checkboxes are not making filter to the dependent drop-down menu.  

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 18 '16, 1:50 p.m.
if the values are already selected, it does NOT reset them when u pick a higher level value.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jul 18 '16, 2:06 p.m.

Right, but is not the case because there is not value selected already, it works when the first enumeration list is a dropdown but it does not work when the first enumeration list is a checkbox list object. seems like it doesn't refresh the second dependent drop down. 

permanent link
Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | answered Jul 21 '16, 5:35 p.m.
 somebody any clue ?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 24 '16, 9:13 p.m.

Can you please use the correct terms to describe the issue - the attribute types and the presentation kinds? You said you could choose one or more values fro the source attribute, so is it of type Enumeration List? If so, I can't see how it can be a source of the dependent enumeration configuration. Of course if you use a script-base value set, it can be a bit different.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jul 25 '16, 7:08 p.m.

yes so, the traditional example is here in this link dependent enum, it works perfect using a drop downs selections with 1 selection, but it doesn't work with a checkbox list based on the same dependent enumeration or a drop down with multiple selections, so if the attribute is just a simple drop down works but if is a check box list based on the same enum it wont, if we have to use an scrip do you have an example?

thank you. 

Donald Nong commented Jul 25 '16, 8:53 p.m.

That's the thing. How can you make a single-valued attribute into multiple-valued? Or are they separate attributes? In the referenced document, the source attribute is of type "Enumeration", which is single-valued. It would be "Enumeration List" if multi-valued. The reason I asked you to use the correct terms (e.g. Picker Enumeration List vs Drop Down with Multiple Selections) is that I can follow along your use case and see what can be changed. As you use such free form descriptions, I have a hard time understanding what is what.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.