It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

no stream id is shown for scm list streams command

Mark Visontai (1111) | asked Jul 14 '16, 11:01 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '16, 12:48 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

can anyone have a guess why the command
scm.exe list streams -r [SERVER] -u [USER] -n [STREAM_NAME]
does not list the id of the stream(s)? Before yesterday the output was:
([STREAM_ID]) "[STREAM_NAME]" [STREAM_DESCRIPTION]
from today it is simply:
[STREAM_NAME] [STREAM_DESCRIPTION]
So ID and quotes disappeared. Interesting thing is that this happens only on one machine, on another one the output is the same as before. I checked, the scm versions are the same.
Thanks,
Mark

Build Id: RTC-I20140807-0233
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client, version 3.2.300.v20140717_0143

One answer

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Jul 14 '16, 2:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 14 '16, 2:53 p.m.
It looks like the alias display has been disabled in this system. The following command should show the object's repository alias:
scm.exe -a y list streams -r [SERVER] -u [USER] -n [STREAM_NAME]
or
scm.exe ---show-alias y list streams -r [SERVER] -u [USER] -n [STREAM_NAME]
The option is discussed here:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_scm.html
but no mention is made of how it can be permanently set.

Comments
Mark Visontai commented Jul 15 '16, 2:46 a.m.

Hi Alan,

I tried on my computer, the switch works (by default it shows the ids). Then I tried on the machine having this phenomena, it does not work, so for switch -a y it shows the same output as described (2nd). However there is a difference, on my machine the stream names are enclosed by double quotes, on this machine they are not. Is there some other global settings, maybe on the computer that can have this formatting / filtering effect?

Alan Sampson commented Jul 15 '16, 6:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mark,

I discussed this with a team mate; we can find nothing that would suggest this is a feature of the product and suspect that your environment has become damaged.  Have you tried reinstalling the CLI into a different location on that system to see if the problem persists?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.