It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you derive URL from DNG Artifact instance in a Module for the Base DNG Artifact?

Ben Sharples (812758) | asked Jul 14 '16, 10:06 a.m.
I have a situation where I have to do all my linking from Test Artifacts to the Base DNG Artifacts within a Collection not to the artifact instance in a Module as if you use a Module View as the Collection Link for a Test Plan it is not possible to resolve that link when creating RPE Export Templates that show all the requirements in the collection (current RPE limitation)

However my customer requirements are still arranged in Modules and I need to be able to report on the module and show traceability to Test Activities whilst maintaining things like Heading Hierarchies which are only present in modules and can't be done in Collections.

Is it possible to loop through a Module View and then for each Artifact get the resource URI for the base artificat which has all the link references?

Using DNG v4.0.6 and RPE 1.3

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jul 14 '16, 1:23 p.m.
You can use "core" property under contextBinding to get URI information for base DNG artifact. But I m afraid it is avilable only in DNG 5.0 and later versions. You can check if there is any Fix available for 4.0.6.

You can try using binding URI for module as mentioned in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/136269/rrcrpe-how-to-get-the-uri-of-the-base-artifact-when-the-artifact-is-included-in-a-module

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jul 19 '16, 7:56 a.m. | edited Jul 19 '16, 8:03 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.