It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC- SVN revision linking in workitem

Vidhya Prakash (852833) | asked Jul 14 '16, 3:30 a.m.
When we provide the workitem number during a SVN commit, I would expect the linkage of changesets being tagged along with the Revision number details to the RTC workitem...

But rather I just see that a workitem number is considered as a commit msg and not linkages.

And I have to manually add in the links tab of each file link to the revision number.

Is there any step that I'm missing  to achieve the linkages with the RTC workitem and the SVN changesets?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 14 '16, 4:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure but I would suggest this help page: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.svn.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_link_workitems.html

It might be this is due to limitations of the SVN API and you are supposed to run a server process:

• To update work item links, right-click a repository connection in the Jazz SVN Connections view and click Update Links.
    Note: The Update Links action attempts to run a server-side process to find work item links in the Subversion revision comments. However, this server-side process only completes if a connection is made to the Subversion repository without authenticating. If authentication is required, you are prompted to run the scan from the client. When the scan runs from the client, it uses your authentication information to scan the repository. The scan uploads any links that it finds to the Jazz Team Server.

Comments
Vidhya Prakash commented Jul 14 '16, 4:40 a.m.

Thanks Ralph,

But even the Update links from the user end just updates the revision numbers of SVN, but this doesnt seem to reflect in the RTC workitem (Links tab) to show the actual SVN changesets linked to a workitem

We are currently on CLM v6.0

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.