It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while loading repository workspace in RTC 6.0.1 VS 2013 clients

Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | asked Jul 13 '16, 11:56 a.m.
edited Jul 14 '16, 1:20 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
When I try to load a workspace which has 100+ components I get this error

CRRTC8500E: Server Error: Can not create sandbox at given location. Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long
Exception type:
com.ibm.team.foundation.core.exception.CoreException
Exception message:
Can not create sandbox at given location.
Inner exception:
System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long.
   at com.ibm.team.foundation.service.WebRequestInvocationProxy.Invoke(IMessage myIMessage) in c:\RTC_BUILDS\I6.0.1_20151106-1439\Foundation\ServiceInterfaceProxy\WebRequestInvocationProxy.cs:line 122
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.rest.IFilesystemRestClient.getLoadCFA(ParmsLoad parms, IProgressMonitor progress)
   at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.ValidateLoadWorkspace(String copyFileArea, ITeamRepository repository, String workspaceItemId, FoldersInComponent[] foldersToLoad, IProgressMonitor monitor) in c:\RTC_BUILDS\I6.0.1_20151106-1439\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 4419
   at com.ibm.team.scm.ui.wizards.loadrepositoryworkspace.LoadValidator_VS.RunOperation(Object arg, IProgressMonitor monitor) in c:\RTC_BUILDS\I6.0.1_20151106-1439\SCM\ScmUILibrary_VS\wizards\loadrepositoryworkspace\VisualStudioScmClientLoadHelper.cs:line 122
the Sandbox location is C:\temp\vs on my local disk.

I am trying the option "load components as root folders"

How can we rectify this?

Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 14 '16, 2:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Maybe this applies: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/127393/running-scm-list-command-causes-request-uri-too-large-error/128414

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jul 14 '16, 7:37 a.m.

I already had a look but not sure where to set the property "LimitRequestLine" specified in that answer.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 14 '16, 7:44 a.m.

It is supposed to be a property of the IBM HTTP Server. there is likely a conf file for it and you could search for IBM HTTP Server help.

https://www.google.com/search?q=LimitRequestLine+IBM+HTTP+Server helped me to find it in 30 seconds.

This is not a CLM application advanced property.

Karthik Krishnan commented Jul 14 '16, 9:48 a.m. | edited Jul 14 '16, 9:51 a.m.

Didn't know it's a property of IBM HTTP server. I've been searching in Google only with the property name and no relevant results.

Thank you. I will cehck

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 14 '16, 9:54 a.m.

The accepted answer mentioned that it was IHS.

This could be potentially related to any place that limits the length of the URI string. I was not able to find a lot more results for this symptom.

Karthik Krishnan commented Jul 22 '16, 11:38 a.m. | edited Jul 22 '16, 11:38 a.m.

changing the property value in IHS had no effect in our case.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 22 '16, 5:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jul 22 '16, 11:40 a.m.

Sounds great. Was about to create PMR. Do you know if this can be backported to RTC 6.0.1? We will goto IFix 006. Any chance if this is part of it?

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.