It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

what permissions are required for changing a Team Area membership relation or for changing the team area members

ast java (4511847) | asked Jul 08 '16, 12:56 a.m.
edited Jul 08 '16, 2:09 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi Team,

Please let me know what permissions are required for changing a Team Area membership relation or for changing the team area members in RTC.
As i am new to the permission topics of RTC.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 12 '16, 1:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To change team area membership, you need the "Process -> Save_Team_Area(server) -> Modify_a_team_area -> Modify_the_collection_of_team_members" permission for one of the roles that you have in that team area.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 08 '16, 2:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 08 '16, 2:40 a.m.
I would like to suggest you open the a project area, go to the project area administration page and check the permission categories and browse for what they provide.

If you are new to the topic it might be a smart idea to read the help around it. E.g. https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_permissions.html which would also provide you with the information you seek.

A simple third approach is to just try to add a member and save and carefully read what the error message is. That should direct you in which permission categories you need to read up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.