It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does one access the Artifacts currently displayed as the result of a filter?

Greg King (134) | asked Jul 05 '16, 10:47 a.m.

My apology if this topic has been addressed but I could not find any information on it on the web/forum.

Using the Client Extension API for the RM application (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsAPI601#LocationSpecification) I can loop through the Artifacts in a module.  However, I cannot find a way to access only those Artifacts currently being displayed (due to an applied filter).  Doing this was a simple thing with dxl in DOORS "classic" but I have been unable to find a way to do it in DNG 6.0.1.  How can this be done using the Javascript/extension feature?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 05 '16, 9:35 p.m.

Just a thought, how about only looping through "selected" artifacts? In a filtered view, of course you will need to "Select All" first for this to work.

Greg King commented Jul 07 '16, 1:43 p.m.

Selecting artifacts may work for extremely small sets of artifacts but is unwieldy for any reasonably sized set of artifacts given that there is no "select all" capability.  There will generally be several hundred artifacts shown as a result of a given filter so selecting them individually is not acceptable.  I'm not sure I can figure out how to loop through selected artifacts anyway.  I presume I would have to subscribe to the Artifact_Selected event and "remember" the latest selection for later use.

One answer

permanent link
lakshmi shree (571343) | answered Jul 28 '16, 2:34 a.m.
 Dear Donald and Greg

Please let me know if there has been any update on this issue. Thanks in advance

Comments
Greg King commented Jul 28 '16, 8:00 a.m.

I haven't yet found a way to determine which artifacts are being displayed as a result of a filter.  Being able to loop through the filtered objects was a feature I used often in the "old" DOORS/DXL but is a capability that seems to be left out of DOORS NG.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.