It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Determine time changeset delivered to a stream via RTC API

Mike Bellon (2112) | asked Jul 04 '16, 7:18 p.m.
edited Jul 12 '16, 12:43 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I understand that a stream is tagged with baselines and I can determine whether a changeset was added before / after / in between those baselines.  I can get a rough idea when the changeset was added.

However, is there a direct method to track when a changeset is delivered to a stream through RTC Java interface?  It will enable some traceability that is not provided with the above method.

The API from IChangeSet seems to indicate that if a changeset was created as a part of a merge, a source changeset is defined.  This does not apply though to a changeset that does not require a merge - then it is blank.  I am running 5.0.2.

Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

2 answers

permanent link
Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | answered Jan 23 '20, 5:22 a.m.

Anyone any thoughts how to retrieve the timestamp indicating when a changeset was delivered to a stream?

Regards,
Bernd.

permanent link
Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | answered Jan 23 '20, 8:20 a.m.

This works:

IChangeHistory hist = getWsConnection().changeHistory(this.getComponentHandle());
List changes = hist.recent(null);
for (int i = 0; i < changes.size(); i++) {
ClientChangeSetEntry entry = (ClientChangeSetEntry) changes.get(i);
if (entry.changeSet().getItemId().equals(this.getChangeSet().getItemHandle().getItemId())) {
deliveryDate = entry.creationDate().toLocaleString();
break;
}
}

...but if anyone knows a better way, please let me know.

Regards,
Bernd.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.