It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to use RTC SCM CLI on local machine when tool installation (and repotools) is on server

Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | asked Jul 04 '16, 6:26 a.m.
edited Jul 11 '16, 11:44 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

We have JTS and RTC installed on some server. We want to use SCM Command Line Interface (CLI) on our local machines.
Since local systems do not have repotools, how can we use CLI?

RTC version: 5.0.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 05 '16, 1:07 a.m.
The SCM CLI is a client side utility, just like the RTC Eclipse client. You will need to install it on the machine on which you are going to use it.
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Jul 05 '16, 1:34 a.m.

Thanks Donald. I hope its 'SCM Tools' under 'Plain .zip Files' section in 'All Downloads'.

Donald Nong commented Jul 05 '16, 1:38 a.m.

That's the correct one. If you already have RTC Eclipse client installed, you can also find it under the "scmtools" folder.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 04 '16, 6:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 04 '16, 6:54 a.m.
The SCM CLI does not have anything to do with repotools. It either gets installed with the RTC Eclipse client or you can install it separately on the client from a download. See https://jazz.net/library/article/620 for some usage info. See https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate&tag=scm for more info for the RTC Jazz SCM System.

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Jul 04 '16, 11:45 p.m.

Sorry for using the word repotool. I meant the scm tools which is installed when we install RTC.

This is the first line of the above article is:
The scm tool can be found at <rtc install dir>/jazz/scmtools/eclipse.

Since <rtc install dir> is on the server (where I and all the users do not have access), how to access those scm tools?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.