It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rename CCM Server

Sergio Lorente (981711) | asked Jul 01 '16, 5:45 a.m.
Hi!

We are using RTC v4.0.1 running in a WAS v8.0.0.3.
Our topology is a server with /jts and /ccm running in the same WAS and db2.
The project has grown and we'd like to separate each project areas into 3 diferents /ccm servers.
We only have workitems, no builds, no control versions. Only workitems (custom workitems, custom attributes, custom links, etc). It is a huge customization.
We are been thinking about two ways:
1.- Renaming /ccm contextroot and using load balancers wich point to server/ccm (actual), server/ccm2(cloned), server/ccm3(cloned)
2.- Renaming /ccm server  into: server/ccm(the actual one) server2/ccm (cloned) and server3/ccm (cloned), and register them to the same jts.

Obviosly each ccm has a cloned bbdd of the original one in both considerations.

The first requiere a big maintenance for our customization. So we'd like to use the second one. How can i rename only ccm server?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jul 01 '16, 5:56 a.m.
Hi Sergio

You can rename only the ccm instance, but you cannot clone just ccm,
In your case the only solution would be to clone jts+ccm and rename them to jt1/ccm1 and jts2/ccm2.

Sergio Lorente selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Sergio Lorente (981711) | answered Jul 01 '16, 6:23 a.m.
Thanks for your answer, Naik.

Where can i found the server rename procedure? we know it is not soported, but we need it anyway.

Comments
Shubjit Naik commented Jul 01 '16, 6:37 a.m.

It is available on our Knowledge center. Here is the direct link. I would recommend first setting up a isolated staging environment with the clone of the production data and then perform the rename on it as a test.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.