It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Discrepancy between RQM Test Scripts and Execution Records

Jonathan Raines (111) | asked Jun 29 '16, 2:22 p.m.
Hello,

One of the projects I support came to me with a problem and I haven't been able to find a solution yet.  From her email:

In my 9.8 test plan in RQM, I'm noticing a discrepancy between steps in my test script and the execution record. I'm expecting the execution record to contain the same steps in the test script I select from the "Define Record Details" screen, but it does not and this is not the first time I've seen this same discrepancy. I thought I'd leave it overnight to update, but still no change this morning.

For example, test case 172: Enhancement 4053, the highlighted test scripts do not contain the step/keyword "Document Upload." However, when I click on "Run" from the test case and select these test scripts from the drop down and view the steps in the execution record, the keyword Document Upload is there. The only reason I can think of is that the test scripts are copied from one another, and then altered. Can you look into this please?

Build Information: 
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 5.0.2 (RJF-I20141028-1603)

Thank you

Comments
Vijay Patil commented Jul 01 '16, 5:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please provide more information about the issue and it will be helpful if you can attach some screenshots.

Thanks.
Vijay

Jonathan Raines commented Jul 06 '16, 1:59 p.m.

Sure thing.  I can't upload screenshots because I don't have enough reputation points but I'll try to explain it better. 

Basically within this test case there are 6 new test scripts created.  Each of those test scripts are duplicated - for a total of 12 scripts-  with the duplicates edited to remove a keyword and change a couple of steps.  Each time a duplicate test script is ran, keywords from the original scripts show up in the execution record. 

One answer

permanent link
Praveen Kumatekar (111) | answered Jul 18 '16, 6:34 a.m.
 Hi Jonathan,

The issue is not reproducing as mentioned in the comment 2.

I followed below steps -  
  1. Created new Test case Test1.
  2. Created new 6 Test scripts as TS1, TS2, TS3, TS4, TS5, TS6.
  3. Added new keyword as a step in Test script TS2.
  4. Added all the 6 test scripts in test case "Test1".
  5. Duplicate all the 6 test scripts and newly created test script name are Copy TS1, Copy TS2, Copy TS3, Copy TS4, Copy TS5, Copy TS6.
  6. Remove the keyword in the Copy TS2 test script.
  7. Added all the duplicate test scripts in test case "Test1".
  8. Run the test case by selecting Copy TS2.
Make sure that select right test script at the time of running the test case in run test case dialog.

Thanks,
Praveen 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.