It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use SFTP for RTC EE Deploy on IBM i?

Larry McCarthy (2102224) | asked Jun 27 '16, 11:53 a.m.
Hello!

Is it possible to use Secure FTP (rather than vanilla FTP) to deploy an RTC EE package on the IBM i?

How?

Thanks,
Larry.

Comments
Larry McCarthy commented Jun 28 '16, 12:46 p.m.

A bit more info... I found Feature 171981 with a potential workaround. Just checking to be sure it applies to IBM i, before parroting it here....

- Larry.

One answer

permanent link
Alex Moore (812) | answered Aug 23 '16, 8:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
scp could be used to support copy from remote server to local using the following command:

<scp file="user:password@somehost:/home/chuck/*" todir="/home/sara"/> per http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/scp.html

Users have an option to replace the loadUsingFTP task in <buildtoolkit-install-dir>jazz/buildsystem/buildtoolkit/scripts/enterprise/deploy.xml.

E.g. to replace the following task as below but other tasks like rollback, etc can be reused.
<target name="loadUsingFTP" if="isLoadMethodFTP">
<scp file="${team.deploy.common.load.ftp.calculated.userid}:${team.deploy.common.load.ftp.calculated.password}@${team.deploy.common.load.ftp.calculated.hostname}:${team.deploy.common.remotePackage.dir}" todir="${team.deploy.common.localPackage.dir}">
</scp>
</target>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.