It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fetch stream names from different Project Area in Rational Team Concert using lscm.bat?

Ajay Amrite (113) | asked Jun 27 '16, 5:33 a.m.
 I am using the following command to get a list of streams.
lscm.bat list streams -m 2500 -r https://intranet:9443/ccm1/

The problem is that it returns names of streams only from one project area. I am sure that the total number of streams across all project areas is less than 2500, so increasing that number in the hope of getting all stream listed is not the answer.
How do I make it return streams names from a different project area? Is there a command line option that I need to pass?

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 27 '16, 6:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What is the version of RTC?
The 'list streams' command has option to list the streams from a project area. For ex: lscm list streams -r [repo] --visibility projectarea --process-area [project area that you want to list the streams for]

I believe the list streams without --visibility and --process-area options should list all the streams in the repository. You mentioned that it lists the streams from one project area. Did you connect to the project area from the Eclipse client? If so, can you try connecting to the other project areas? and then run 'lscm list streams' again. Does it list the streams from the project area you just connected to?

Comments
Ajay Amrite commented Jun 27 '16, 8:01 a.m. | edited Jun 27 '16, 8:06 a.m.

I have several eclipse workspaces, each connects to the same server (the -r value is the same) but each may be managing different project areas. So which one of these workspaces is lscm.bat looking at when it lists out the stream? Because I am running it from the command prompt in a different directory to any of the workspaces.

RTC Version: 4.0.1

Shashikant Padur commented Jun 28 '16, 12:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If 'lscm' is run on a sandbox and that workspace is also tracked by the Eclipse client then lscm uses the daemon process of the Eclipse client.

As far as I understand it shouldn't be dependent on which daemon process it is using but I might wrong. I believe this is a defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.