It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to install CLM from Launchpad

jevaughn layne (213) | asked Jun 23 '16, 11:55 a.m.
edited Jun 24 '16, 5:12 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)
Good morning I have been trying to install CLM via web launch pad but unable to do so.  Actually when I launch the gui does not allow for any input to install.

What might I be missing, I am running it on a Win 2008 Server

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 27 '16, 12:57 a.m.

when doing web install, you need to login to jazz.net first(using your jazz.net id). Usually you will see a prompt for that.
Not sure which version you are to install. If it is latest one, Win 2008 server is not a supported version, not sure if that is a problem though.

jevaughn layne commented Jun 27 '16, 8:25 a.m. | edited Jun 27 '16, 8:25 a.m.

Actually the problem happens before login.  When the Launch app opens up there is suppose to be links on the left pane to Install instead the left navigation pane is blank.

There in lies my issue, I cannot click any option to install.  I am using version 6.0.2 which from the site is compatible with Win2008

Donald Nong commented Jun 27 '16, 7:56 p.m.

This sounds more like a browser issue to me. The "launchpad" is basically a browser dialog. It could be that some security settings are too restrictive (which tends to be so on Windows Server 2008 and above) to allow those links to be clickable. You can always launch the commands directly from a command prompt, without using the launchpad.

One answer

permanent link
jevaughn layne (213) | answered Jun 28 '16, 1:26 p.m.
Strange enough I was able to rectify the issue in the strangest way.  I unzipped the file on my desktop pc ran the application and it showed all left pane install options, then I rdp to the server and mapped to the unzipped files and ran the launch from there and all the options were now visible.

What is strange the same exact file when unzipped on the server and launch is run no left pane install options are available.

At least it works I will have to figure out why that happens when you unzip the install on the sever.

Thanks again

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 28 '16, 8:58 p.m.

I guess it's about whether the server allows some scripts running from a certain location of the file system. It should still be a security setting thing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.