It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk Move Work Items between Project Areas in RTC plugin for 6?

Donna Thomas (14122548) | asked Jun 23 '16, 9:07 a.m.

There's a site for Bulk Move Work Items between Project Areas but it only goes up to RTC version 4. The latest RTC version is 6.x.

THIS IS URGENT. Apparently this is an unsupported plug-in according to the v4 page. Has it been incorporated into the tool and not documented?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 23 '16, 9:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest to create a PMR or ER to get the tool ported. i don't know why it is not available, but the only ones who can create it is development.
Donna Thomas selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Donna Thomas commented Jul 08 '16, 1:31 p.m.

Yeah - I tried that and was told that it isn't supported by IBM. And that page has no contacts that I am allow to email (when I try, I get that I am not authorized to see their information). So, we are stuck with 1) wait FOREVER for IBM to decide that they did forget something important and decide to develop it; or 2) develop it ourselves. It was very useful to us and I didn't realize that it was not updated for v5. (I would have started telling everyone and their cousin before we went to v6 if I had realized, so I could try to stop the upgrade to v6 until the feature was available.)

2 other answers

permanent link
Donna Thomas (14122548) | answered Jul 08 '16, 2:09 p.m.
If anyone is interested in this too, please vote for the RFE at the link below:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=91250

permanent link
Lukas Steiger (3131625) | answered Jun 20 '17, 8:50 a.m.
edited Jun 20 '17, 3:07 p.m. by Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115)

Hi Jazz-Community, 

Are you aware of the new Open Source Jazz-Community on GitHub? The DACH Jazz-Community has founded this in May.2017. And we have now published some nice enhancements for RTC. 

Have a look at http://jazz-community.org 

One of the extensions is the WEB based RTC Bulk Work item Mover, our Company has implemented as OSS project. You find it on https://github.com/jazz-community/rtc-workitem-bulk-mover-ui 

This Bulk Work item Mover allows you to move work items between project areas on same CCM Instance. The Work item Mover is process aware and allows you to map types, enumerations etc. during the process. 
There are a couple of quite common use cases where moving selected number of Work Items is necessary:

• Moving to another process template: There are multiple approaches to move to a new process template. One of it is to create an entirely new project area from scratch. Easily transferring the existing work items to the new area without changing the identifier and links is a key requirement there.
  • Splitting or merging projects: From our experience, changes in project structure or team setup often need to be reflected in RTC. As a result, project areas might be split or merged, raising the need to move the affected work items.
  • Defect Management: If, by example, your application is based on a platform, your users or customers may file defects against your application project area where they do not belong. You can then move them to the platform project area, whereas the issuer of the defect will still be able to receive updates on this defect.
See more on the GitHub project. Ideas, Enhancement Request, Defects can be filed directly there as Issues. If you like to collaborate on the development, please join us in the Community. 

Best Regards 
Guido Schneider (IBM Champion and Co-Founder DACH Jazz-Community)
Lukas Steiger (Lead Developer and Co-Founder of github.com/jazz-community organization)

Comments
Donna Thomas commented Jun 20 '17, 11:06 a.m.

In our organization, they promote RTC not GitHub. So I have no experience with anything GitHub. Also, we are not allowed to extend RTC at this time. We customize process templates only since that function is built into the tool, and prefer IBM's delivered solutions since our organization pays so much for IBM support. IBM's expectation that their paying customers also use open source solutions is a bit hypocritical. We could use a completely open source tool if we wanted to go that open source route. IBM seems to be making IBM obsolete.

Guido Schneider commented Jun 20 '17, 3:06 p.m. | edited Jun 20 '17, 3:07 p.m.

Hi Donna,

This OSS plugins have nothing to do with official IBM. We are an Enterprise Customer and develop for our needs some extension to fill gaps in RTC. We work close with IBM in Design Partner Programs, Voice and Interconnect sessions to bring in our needs. Many of them are implemented but sometimes we need stuff urgent or in another way IBM provides them. So we write it by our own. 
Because we think others could also profit from our development, we provide them as OSS to the community.
GIThub is just selected for distribution because there is no OSS platform available on RTC since JazzHub was stopped.

Regards
Guido

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.