It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to auto update attributes based on other attribute values.

Homer Pope (15812125) | asked Jun 20 '16, 5:34 p.m.
HHello,
I would like to be able to update the severity field based on changes in the priority field:
i.e
High Priority sets severity to Critical severity
Medium Priority maps to Moderate severity
Low Priority maps to Minor severity

Thanks,
Homer

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 20 '16, 8:37 p.m.
This is a typical "dependent enumeration" scenario which can be easily implemented.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSR27Q_6.0.1/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_configuring_dependent_enumeration.html

Of course you can also use Calculated Attribute Customization for which there are many samples on the forum.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSR27Q_6.0.1/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/c_calc_val_attribute_config.html

Comments
Homer Pope commented Jun 22 '16, 4:08 p.m.

Thanks very much for the response.
I set up a value set customization between Priority and Severity with the necessary mappings,  and on the Severity attribute, I have it using that Value set with dependencies projectArea & Priority.
What I am seeing is that when I set Priority the desired work item severity doesn't move even on save, any ideas??

Donald Nong commented Jun 22 '16, 9:17 p.m.

If you use a Value Set, it's possible that the new value in the altered value set does not get "selected" automatically. In this case, you will have to use the Calculated Value option.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 23 '16, 2:33 a.m. | edited Jun 23 '16, 2:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A value set only provides you the choices, it does not automatically set anything. If you want automation to set values you need to use other options such as a calculated value, which would require JavaScript or Java.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.