It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I deliver changes to multiple flow targets at the same time in RTC

Bhasker Tiwari (4815) | asked Jun 20 '16, 1:44 p.m.
edited Jun 21 '16, 9:20 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Scenarios:
There are multiple development streams. If I fix a defect in one dev stream, 
I want to deliver that to the selected number of Dev streams; which could be around 5+.
Currently, I can do this but, for each stream I need to repeat the steps.

Questions:
1. is there a way in RTC to deliver changes to more than one stream using flow target at the same time?
2. if not, are there any reason of not supporting it?
3. Can I do some custom development to enhance this feature?

I tried looking at the thread but no clear answers are there:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/131754/deliver-changeset-to-multiple-streams-at-the-same-time

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 21 '16, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The "All Flows" mode in the Pending Changes view can help if you want to deliver to multiple streams. This mode can be turned on in the "Team" --> "Jazz Source Control" --> "Changes" preference page by selecting "Flow targets" --> "Show all (advanced)". You would first add each stream you want to deliver as a flow target, and then turn this mode on. Once done, the Pending Changes view will show one component node per flow target. This way you can easily pick which streams you want to deliver to.
Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 24 '16, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since the "deliver all" action is disabled when you select "Show all", I believe you would have to manually multi-select all the components you want to deliver.   If that is correct, and you have a non-trivial number of components in each stream, it would probably be faster/easier to just use the standard view, and change the flow target to each of the streams you want to deliver to.  

2 other answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 20 '16, 11:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is an enhancement open to address this issue: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/352855

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Jun 21 '16, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The work item referenced above would not solve this question. That work item is a defect related to not auto-delivering unresolved changes; and is not related to delivering to multiple flow targets at once.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 24 '16, 4:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'd suggest scripting it with the scm command line ... I don't think there currently is any good way to do this with the GUI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.