It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM DB2 setup will not create tables

Ales Koprivnikar (116352) | asked Aug 17 '09, 3:21 a.m.
Hello.
I ran into some trouble seting up db2 9.7 express as the database for RQM 2.0 express. I followed the instructions, created the DB with the specified options, changed the provisioning profiles appropriately and then ran the repotools.bat -createTables. The command fails. Output attached bellow. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

Thanks!

C:\Program Files\IBM\RQM20\server>repotools.bat -createTables

Repo Tools
Rational Quality Manager, Version 2.0 (I20090713_1659)
Jazz Foundation Server, Version 1.0 (I20090618-1753)

Provisioning using "C:\Program Files\IBM\RQM20\server\conf\jazz\provision_profil
es".
Rational Jazz Team Server (RQM) - Enterprise
CRJAZ1363I Loading configuration from "file:conf/jazz/teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1365I Attempting Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: //localhost:50000/RQM:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
CRJAZ1364I Initial database connection successful
Db Product Name: DB2/NT
Db Product Version: SQL09070
Db URL: jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/RQM
Jdbc Driver Name: IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture
Jdbc Driver Version: 3.53.70
CRJAZ8192E: Fulltext Index Location: workitemindex\fulltext_index\
Creating the tables for the database "//localhost:50000/RQM:user=xxxxxxxx;passwo
rd=xxxxxxxx;" with indices.
CRJAZ0261I Failed to update DB2 configuration options.
CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size.
The database tables were not created.

============================================================
About Instance - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - DB2
Instance level:
Product identifier SQL09070
Level identifier 08010107
Level DB2 v9.7.0.441
Build level s090521
PTF NT3297

8 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Aug 24 '09, 11:26 a.m.
Hello.
I ran into some trouble seting up db2 9.7 express as the database for RQM 2.0 express. I followed the instructions, created the DB with the specified options, changed the provisioning profiles appropriately and then ran the repotools.bat -createTables. The command fails. Output attached bellow. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

Thanks!

C:\Program Files\IBM\RQM20\server>repotools.bat -createTables

Repo Tools
Rational Quality Manager, Version 2.0 (I20090713_1659)
Jazz Foundation Server, Version 1.0 (I20090618-1753)

Provisioning using "C:\Program Files\IBM\RQM20\server\conf\jazz\provision_profil
es".
Rational Jazz Team Server (RQM) - Enterprise
CRJAZ1363I Loading configuration from "file:conf/jazz/teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1365I Attempting Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: //localhost:50000/RQM:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
Db Product Name: DB2/NT
Db Product Version: SQL09070
Db URL: jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/RQM
Jdbc Driver Name: IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture
Jdbc Driver Version: 3.53.70
CRJAZ8192E: Fulltext Index Location: workitemindex\fulltext_index\
Creating the tables for the database "//localhost:50000/RQM:user=xxxxxxxx;passwo
rd=xxxxxxxx;" with indices.
CRJAZ0261I Failed to update DB2 configuration options.
CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size.
The database tables were not created.

About Instance - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - DB2
Instance level:
Product identifier SQL09070
Level identifier 08010107
Level DB2 v9.7.0.441
Build level s090521
PTF NT3297

Hi Any Luck on this even i am getting the same issue and could not find any resolution tips

permanent link
Ales Koprivnikar (116352) | answered Aug 25 '09, 4:00 p.m.
no, still no luck but didn't really try after this happened. Just used the ultra ultra slow derby :)

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 25 '09, 5:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
First, the bad news: DB2 9.7 is not technically supported at this time.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3580&uid=swg27015932
I personally do not know anyone who has tried it yet.

But - based on the error I do have one suggestion: when you went to create the database did you specify a tablespace size of 16K instead of the default of 4K? It looks a little more fundamental than that, however. A bit of a stretch but that's all I got...

Regards,
John

permanent link
Ales Koprivnikar (116352) | answered Aug 26 '09, 3:46 a.m.
First, the bad news: DB2 9.7 is not technically supported at this time.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3580&uid=swg27015932
I personally do not know anyone who has tried it yet.

But - based on the error I do have one suggestion: when you went to create the database did you specify a tablespace size of 16K instead of the default of 4K? It looks a little more fundamental than that, however. A bit of a stretch but that's all I got...

Regards,
John

John, yes i know about the 9.7 not being supported, but i decided to give it a try anyway.
I did set the tablespace to 16k and it didnt work. So that is not the problem. Thanks for the idea :)

bye

permanent link
Pol Boller (61) | answered Aug 28 '09, 1:07 p.m.
I am trying to create tables for my SQL Server 2003 jazz db using repotools.bat

Although it manages to connect to the db:

It fails promptly after with this message:
CRJAZ1093I Service failed to activate.

The complete log is here:

2009-08-28 09:57:04,894 repotools -createTables
2009-08-28 09:57:04,909 java.version=1.5.0
2009-08-28 09:57:04,909 java.runtime.version=pwi32devifx-20090505 (SR9-0 +IZ49764)
2009-08-28 09:57:04,909 Repo Tools
2009-08-28 09:57:04,909 Jazz Foundation Server, Version 1.0 (I20090618-1753)
Rational Team Concert, Version 2.0 (I20090618-1753)

2009-08-28 09:57:04,909 Provisioning using "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jazz\provision_profiles".
2009-08-28 09:57:17,738 Rational Jazz Team Server - Enterprise
2009-08-28 09:57:17,753 CRJAZ1363I Loading configuration from "file:conf/jazz/teamserver.properties".
2009-08-28 09:57:20,425 CRJAZ1365I Attempting Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: //localhost:1433;databaseName=jazz;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
2009-08-28 09:57:20,956 CRJAZ1364I Initial database connection successful
Db Product Name: Microsoft SQL Server
Db Product Version: 8.00.2040
Db URL: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;xopenStates=false;trustServerCertificate=false;sendStringParametersAsUnicode=true;selectMethod=direct;responseBuffering=adaptive;packetSize=8000;loginTimeout=15;lockTimeout=-1;lastUpdateCount=true;encrypt=false;disableStatementPooling=true;databaseName=jazz;applicationName=Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver;
Jdbc Driver Name: Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0
Jdbc Driver Version: 2.0.1803.100
2009-08-28 09:57:20,956 CRJAZ1093I Service failed to activate.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed during activation.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:217)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:543)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:143)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1584)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1569)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:587)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.access$1(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:571)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$5.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:352)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ImportServiceRecord.acquire(ImportServiceRecord.java:114)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$1.execute(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:64)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForService(ServiceRecordContainer.java:352)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:319)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.acquire(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:303)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportedServices(BundleActivationManager.java:234)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportServiceRecords(BundleActivationManager.java:250)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.startSync(BundleActivationManager.java:2049)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.start(BundleActivationManager.java:2018)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.register(OsgiServicesManager.java:404)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.registerServices(TeamServiceRegistry.java:325)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.initialize(TeamServiceRegistry.java:286)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.start(TeamServiceRegistry.java:367)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.command.CreateTablesCommand.execute(CreateTablesCommand.java:85)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:161)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:671)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:702)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)
Caused by:
java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0820I Failed to create the system schema.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.activate(PersistentMappingService.java:92)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:211)
... 39 more
Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1256I Sql Server version 9 or greater is required but version "8.00.2040" was detected.
at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.sqlserver.SqlServerProvider.assertRequiredVersion(SqlServerProvider.java:238)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.AbstractDbProvider.checkDbVersion(AbstractDbProvider.java:1100)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:378)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:364)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy4.checkDbVersion(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:104)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool.createEntry(JDBCConnectionPool.java:58)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractPool.getEntry(AbstractPool.java:194)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool.getConnection(JDBCConnectionPool.java:96)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.activate(PersistentMappingService.java:85)
... 41 more
2009-08-28 09:57:21,050 CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed during activation.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:217)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:543)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:143)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1584)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1569)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:587)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.access$1(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:571)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$5.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:352)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ImportServiceRecord.acquire(ImportServiceRecord.java:114)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$1.execute(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:64)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForService(ServiceRecordContainer.java:352)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:319)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.acquire(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:303)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportedServices(BundleActivationManager.java:234)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportServiceRecords(BundleActivationManager.java:250)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.startSync(BundleActivationManager.java:2049)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.start(BundleActivationManager.java:2018)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.register(OsgiServicesManager.java:404)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.registerServices(TeamServiceRegistry.java:325)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.initialize(TeamServiceRegistry.java:286)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.start(TeamServiceRegistry.java:367)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.command.CreateTablesCommand.execute(CreateTablesCommand.java:85)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:671)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:702)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
Caused by:
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.activate(PersistentMappingService.java:92)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:211)
... 39 more
Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1256I Sql Server version 9 or greater is required but version "8.00.2040" was detected.
at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.sqlserver.SqlServerProvider.assertRequiredVersion(SqlServerProvider.java:238)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.AbstractDbProvider.checkDbVersion(AbstractDbProvider.java:1100)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:378)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:364)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:104)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool.createEntry(JDBCConnectionPool.java:58)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractPool.getEntry(AbstractPool.java:194)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool.getConnection(JDBCConnectionPool.java:96)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.activate(PersistentMappingService.java:85)
... 41 more
2009-08-28 09:57:21,050 CRJAZ1203I Could not determine the database location.
2009-08-28 09:57:21,050 CRJAZ1306I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" is not available.
2009-08-28 09:57:21,050 Creating the tables for the database "//localhost:1433;databaseName=jazz;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" with indices.
2009-08-28 09:57:21,050 CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseCreationService".
Caused by:
... 39 more
Caused by:
... 41 more
2009-08-28 09:57:21,066 CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.command.CreateTablesCommand.createTables(CreateTablesCommand.java:64)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.command.CreateTablesCommand.execute(CreateTablesCommand.java:115)
2009-08-28 09:57:21,066 The database tables were not created.

Thanks for any help to resolve this!
Pol

permanent link
Bruce Besch (1144) | answered Oct 01 '09, 8:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am having the same problem with running the repotool. It appears that there may be a problem with the permissions associated with the DB user id. We have granted DBADM and SYSADM database privilegdes to the user and the command still fails.
CRRAM701E: Database - Error - Repo Tools Provisioning using
"/u01/was61/profiles/appsrv/config/cells/RAMITCell/RTC/RAMRTC/v20/jazz/server/conf/jazz/provision_profiles". Rational Jazz
Team Server for RAM - Enterprise CRJAZ1363I Loading configuration from
"file:/u01/was61/profiles/appsrv/config/cells/RAMITCell/RTC/RAMRTC/v20/jazz/server/conf/jazz/teamserver.db2.linux.properties".
CRJAZ1365I Attempting Initial Database Connection Using Db
Name/Location: //szvmds060.nwideweb.net:50000/RTCDB:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx; CRJAZ1364I Initial database connection
successful Db Product Name: DB2/LINUXZ64 Db Product Version: SQL09053 Db URL: jdbc:db2://szvmds060.nwideweb.net:50000/RTCDB
Jdbc Driver Name: IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture Jdbc Driver Version: 3.53.70 CRJAZ8192E: Fulltext Index Location:
workitemindex/fulltext_index/ Creating the tables for the database
"//szvmds060.nwideweb.net:50000/RTCDB:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" with indices. CRJAZ0261I Failed to update DB2
configuration options. CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size. The database tables were not created.

We used the following command to create the database:
db2 "create database RTCDB on /db2fs/db2iown1/D01/RTCDB dbpath on /db2logfs/db2iown1/RTCDB using codeset UTF-8 territory en pagesize 8192"

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Oct 01 '09, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
besch wrote:
I am having the same problem with running the repotool. It appears
that there may be a problem with the permissions associated with the
DB user id. We have granted DBADM and SYSADM database privilegdes to
the user and the command still fails.
CRRAM701E: Database - Error - Repo Tools Provisioning using

"/u01/was61/profiles/appsrv/config/cells/RAMITCell/RTC/RAMRTC/v20/jazz/server/conf/jazz/provision_profiles".
Rational Jazz
Team Server for RAM - Enterprise CRJAZ1363I Loading configuration from

"file:/u01/was61/profiles/appsrv/config/cells/RAMITCell/RTC/RAMRTC/v20/jazz/server/conf/jazz/teamserver.db2.linux.properties".

CRJAZ1365I Attempting Initial Database Connection Using Db

Name/Location:
//szvmds060.nwideweb.net:50000/RTCDB:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
CRJAZ1364I Initial database connection
successful Db Product Name: DB2/LINUXZ64 Db Product Version: SQL09053
Db URL: jdbc:db2://szvmds060.nwideweb.net:50000/RTCDB
Jdbc Driver Name: IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture Jdbc
Driver Version: 3.53.70 CRJAZ8192E: Fulltext Index Location:
workitemindex/fulltext_index/ Creating the tables for the database

"//szvmds060.nwideweb.net:50000/RTCDB:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
with indices. CRJAZ0261I Failed to update DB2
configuration options. CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size. The
database tables were not created.

We used the following command to create the database:
db2 "create database RTCDB on /db2fs/db2iown1/D01/RTCDB dbpath on
/db2logfs/db2iown1/RTCDB using codeset UTF-8 territory en pagesize
8192"

pagesize has to be 16K not 8K as you have specified if you are doing

RQM. Not clear from what you have here are you initializing RTC or RQM.
I would have named the database RQMDB to avoid confusion.

permanent link
Rudolf Pailer (6) | answered Dec 18 '09, 2:16 p.m.
When installing RQM 2.0 with DB2 on an Open Suse 10.3 system, we got the error CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size, when running repotool.sh -createTables

The error message is misleading, you have to look in the repotool_createTables.log. There was a stack trace with the following root cause:
com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-443, SQLSTATE=38553, SQLERRMC=*APSHOT_TBS_CFG;;SQL1326 Reason code or token: /data/ibm/DB2/db2inst1, DRIVER=3.53.70

It basically says, that permissions are missing to use the data base that is located at the indicated path.
We simply changed the access permissions with chmod -R 775.
(Note that this propbably reduces the security of you database).
Afterwards, repotools.sh ran without problem.

I personally would prefer to get the DB table create statements in form of plain SQL scripts. Then I would not depend on some buggy repotool to set-up the database - how about that Jazz team?

Hope this helps
greetings
Rudolf

Comments
David Hanslip commented May 07 '14, 9:15 p.m.

Linux VM
I tried changing the access permissions on .../db2inst1/NODE0000 but it didn't make any difference.
Windows VM
Specifically gave db2admin full control over ...\NODE0000 and made NODE0000 and subfolders fully writeable. Slightly different error:
The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Insufficient authority needed to test case sensitivity of the database at

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.