It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Temenos T24 source code in RTC 5.0.2

Muhammad Moid (141334) | asked Jun 17 '16, 3:23 a.m.
 Hi All,

Just wanted to know, Can we build Temenos T24 source code in RTC 5.0.2?

Regards,
Moid

2 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jun 17 '16, 3:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Muhammad,

Generic statement I could start with is that RTC is capable of Supporting any Development Team with comprehensive set of features that aids complete SDLC with extensive traceability.

Now, before we could get to specifics, could you explain a bit more on any particular challenge you face or anything that you aren't able to figure out in terms of the product development that you desire to pursue...

I see that this has been asked earlier as well :
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/222742/can-we-integrate-rtc-502-with-t24-temenos-for-source-code-management

Asking it again suggests you haven't still found your answer... and the missing of the specifics of what you are not able to do could be the key as to why this remains unanswered... Help us help you by adding more details...

Thanks,
Dinesh

Comments
Muhammad Moid commented Jun 17 '16, 5:19 a.m.

Let me rephrase my question.

Does RTC provides a build engine to compile the source code of Temenos T24? Like we have Ant, Maven, Jenkins etc in RTC build component.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 17 '16, 5:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, and I am pretty sure that is not necessary either. Either their built is based on one of the integrated build tools, or can be called using the command line like you can call make or any other build tool. I would suggest to actually look at how their code is built and once you have an idea and can provide this knowledge, re-evaluate your question.

also note that Temenos is using RTC as well. See: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/222742/can-we-integrate-rtc-502-with-t24-temenos-for-source-code-management

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 17 '16, 3:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Building only depends on being able to load the code from somewhere and having the build environment available on the system that runs the build engine.

You should be able to build anything with RTC as long as you can load the code and execute the build environment.

If this is not sufficient, please contact Temenos for more information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.