It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I exclude change sets NOT delivered stream to stream the next time I deliver?

David Clark (2341150) | asked Jun 15 '16, 10:00 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '16, 12:04 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 We have a main stream that half of the team is working on (Stream A). We created a new stream from the main stream (Stream B). Yesterday we went to deliver changes in A to B. Some of the work was done in Change sets, some of the work was done directly on the stream.
We successfully delivered all of the officially created change sets and some of the "unofficial" (changes made outside of a change set) changes sets. This leaves us with still a bunch of unofficial changesets that we do NOT want to deliver to Stream B.
How do I get those unofficial changes (change sets) OFF the delivery list the next time we deliver from A to B? We are looking at 350 changes from a single individual.
Thanks,
David

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 16 '16, 5:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you used RTC, then there is no way to change content of a stream without a change set. So all your changes are in change sets. You can deliver between streams, but only if there are no conflicts. You can also use repository workspaces that flow to multiple streams to integrate. You have to do this, if there are conflicts.

Once change sets are in a stream (component), there is no way to get rid of them. The only way to "not see them", would be to re-base your components to a state that does not include these change sets. If you where able to deliver all your official changes to the target stream and avoid doing this for the unofficial ones, you can basically create baselines/a snapshot on the target stream and re-base your source stream component(s) on these baselines. 

The changes are still there, but you don't see them any more. Otherwise you can use a repository workspace and create changes to reverse the change sets you don't want. And deliver all. The change sets will be in the stream but additional ones to remove the changes afterwards.

Comments
David Clark commented Jun 16 '16, 8:50 a.m.

OK, so we are not using RTC, we only have DNG 6.0.0 which does allow changes without a change set. I understand that when you try and deliver stream to stream, each of those changes show up as an individual change set.

Not sure re-basing is an option.

Other options?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.