It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we create requirement template for the specific module which is created by importing requirement in DNG?

Bharat Malge (2131430) | asked Jun 13 '16, 8:17 a.m.
 Hello All,

I am currently using CLM 5.0.2, I have imported the requirement in the DNG from the docx under one specific module,
What I want to do is instead of giving the requirement document to client which is in word file every time, 
we will just forward the requirement as a template by which client will import the template and start working.

So can we have any functionality which i am not aware about in DNG for this requirement.

Thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 14 '16, 10:05 p.m.
edited Jun 14 '16, 10:06 p.m.
Not quite sure why you use the word "template" in this context, as it causes some confusion. If you just want to send the Word document to your clients, simply choose the Create and Print Microsoft Word Document feature at toolbar after opening the module in DNG.

Note that you cannot do a "roundtrip" update of the module if that is what you want to do. Importing a Word document will always create a new module.
Bharat Malge selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Bharat Malge (2131430) | answered Jun 14 '16, 7:27 a.m.
Hakan Thank you for the response,

Actually we have option of reqif but if any client dont' have DNG in that case.
we want to know is there any functionality by which we can create the template of that specific module which will also be helpful for non DNG client.

permanent link
HÃ¥kan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Jun 14 '16, 7:16 a.m.
If I understand you correctly. You have imported a word document into a DNG module. And now you want to transfer the module to the client instead of the word document? If that is the case and your client is using DNG as well, or a ReqIF compatible tool you can send the module as a ReqIF file to your client. More about ReqIF here: ReqIF

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.