It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Javascript validation- redundant error message is showing on save workitem.

Akshay Panchakshari (37228) | asked Jun 13 '16, 6:32 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '16, 6:57 a.m.

Hi All,

I have a script to validate the dates field in my form. The validation works perfectly , but when i try to save the workitem,
i get the redundant error messages in header shown in RTC web UI as follows.

Invalid value of attribute 'Actual End Date': Actual End Date should be greater than or equal to Actual Start Date.
Invalid value of attribute 'Actual End Date' in work item '<11:18:01>': Actual End Date should be greater than or equal to Actual Start Date.

I have configured the error messages in process configuration source as follows-

<validator id="valdr1">
 <parameters message="Actual End Date should be greater than or equal to Actual Start Date.">
</validator>

is there any way to avoid this kind of redundancy in error messages? Please advice?

Thanks

Akshay P

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 21 '16, 10:05 p.m.
The "severity" attribute is missing in the configuration of the validator parameters. As a result, the message is returned for all severity levels. See the document for more details.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#Script_Based_Validation

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.