It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Word Importer: How can I get the requirement to be entered into the Validates Requirement field for a Test Script?

Karen Bown (2739) | asked Jun 10 '16, 12:51 p.m.
I'm working on my Test Script .cfg file to be used with a word document for importing our test scripts. I've searched all over Jazz.net forum and in the WIKI and I can't find how to list the requirement.

What should the testscript......line be for the requirement?

Here's my .cfg file:
testscript.DOCTableStartRow=Table(4).B2
testscript.ID=Table(4).C2                                                     // Test Script Number
testscript.dc:title=Table(4).C3                                              // Test Script Title
testscript.dc:type=Table(4).C4                                             // Test Script Type
testscript.dc:description=Table(4).C5                                    // Test Script Description
testscript.alm:owner=Table(4).C6                                          // Test Script Owner
testscript.category term="Test Phase".value=Table(4).C7       // Test Script Test Phase
testscript.steps.title=Table(5).A                                          // Test Step Number
testscript.steps.type=Table(5).B                                           // Test Step Type
testscript.steps.description=Table(5).C                                    // Test Step Description
testscript.steps.expectedResult=Table(5).D                           // Test Step Expected Result
testscript.steps.comment=Table(5).F                                    // Test Step Comment

Here is the matches tables in my Word document:

A

B

C

Test Script ID

Test Script Title

RQM Importer Test

Test Script Type

Manual

Test Script Description

Testing how this works :)

Test Script Owner

Fred Smith

Test Script’s Test Phase

System

A

B

C

D

E

F

Step #

Type

System Stimulus

Expected Results

Requirement

Comments

Execution

Select the “Login” link.

The “Login” screen is displayed.

Execution

Enter the System Administrator credentials and select the “Login” push button.

Note: Contact the IESP Lab System Manager for credentials.

The System Administrator is logged in.

Note: Contact the IESP Lab System Manager for credentials.

Execution

View the “Site Usage” link.

The “Site Usage” link is available for the System Administrator.

Reporting

Select the “Site Usage” link.

The “Site Usage” landing page is displayed.

AIMMS2Req-153

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jun 14 '16, 1:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Karen,

Configuration syntax (cfg file) remains same for Excel and Word, please follow 'Requirements 001.cfg' from Excel sample for related syntax.

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Karen Bown commented Jun 14 '16, 2:32 p.m.

Hi Mehul, I don't believe that the Requirements 001.cfg and associated excel cfg file answers my question. If I am understanding those two files correctly they are adding requirements possibly to DNG. If my understanding is incorrect, can you explain what the Requirements 001.cfg and associated excel cfg file is showing?

In order to link a requirement in the "validates requirement" column in the RQM test script I'm assuming that there should be a line in my .cfg file that would be something like testscript.steps.requirement=Table(5).E

I've tried that and I haven't gotten it to work.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Karen

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.