It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how could I build a query in RTC to give me the time (in days) that Stories stay on each of the workflow states?

Isabel Torres (63938) | asked Jun 07 '16, 4:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using RTC 6.0.1

I have been requested to get metrics for the time of work items in the Funnel (New or any other state previous to an "In progress" state) and also the time for work items "IN progress" states. I should get these metrics for stories completed in an specific month. For example.... what is the average time in the funnel of the stories completed on May. As well as the average time in "In progress" states of the stories completed on May.

I don't see an out of the box report for getting that type of metrics.

Is there a way to run a query to get that information?

Thank you!

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 07 '16, 4:41 p.m.
time in state is a report from the reporting systems..  you cannot get it from the realtime query system

Isabel Torres selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Isabel Torres commented Jun 07 '16, 4:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sam,

Could you please explain to me how I can get that information from the reporting systems?

Thanks

Isabel

Isabel Torres commented Jun 07 '16, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Sam!

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 07 '16, 5:29 p.m.
I know in Rational Insight there used to be a Time In State report. I haven't played with JRS.

according to
https://hub.jazz.net/clmhelp/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.jp.jrs.doc/topics/c_jrs_intro.html&scope=null

that report is in JRS
Average Time in State

DW Graph Team Area, Category, Timeline, Iteration, Type, Severity, Tags Work Items Bar graph showing the average time work items spend in a particular state

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.