It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you add a new Item Type to a Attribute-based Presentation (ie. Repository Workspace)

Brad Barker (111) | asked Jun 07 '16, 2:36 p.m.

I am wanting to add a attribute to a work Item to be able to select a Repository workspace. So as shown below I add a attribute "realWorkspace" of kind "Item".  Also shown below,  the dropdown list of "Item Type" has several objects like SCM Component, Iteration etc.  Can "Workspace" be added to this list?

I know something like this can be done, because it is done on the build dialog when doing a personal build as shown below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
Brad Barker commented Jun 07 '16, 2:44 p.m.

Sorry guys, apparently I can't upload screen shots because I hadn't use the site enough.  Defeats the whole purpose of community and asking foe help.  Please any help would be great

One answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Jun 07 '16, 7:26 p.m.
edited Jun 07 '16, 7:28 p.m.
Hi Brad,

The Item and Item Lists attribute types allows you to select only certain item types (as seen below), and this is not configurable as far as I know.

You can also use this attribute type to select "SCM Components", however Repository Workspace is currently not possible with this attribute type.

Item attribute

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.