It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I display the literal value of the Severity field in my query results (RTC)

Steve Woodbridge (1352225) | asked Jun 03 '16, 7:22 p.m.
Some of the queries we have for the customer include Severity in the results being displayed. when the Severity field is displayed, the icon is shown rather than the literal. Is there a way to have the literal displayed on the query results screen ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 05 '16, 10:22 p.m.
Hi, Steve

If you open your project area in Eclipse client and go to 'Process Configuration Source'(please be cautious to modify any  source code, backup first), you will see

<enumeration attributeTypeId="severity" name="Severity">
                    <literal icon="processattachment:/enumeration/unassigned2.gif" id="severity.literal.l1" name="Unclassified"/>
                    <literal icon="processattachment:/enumeration/minor.gif" id="severity.literal.l2" name="Minor"/>
                    <literal default="true" icon="processattachment:/enumeration/normal.gif" id="severity.literal.l3" name="Normal"/>

<literal icon="processattachment:/enumeration/major.gif" id="severity.literal.l4" name="Major"/>
                    <literal icon="processattachment:/enumeration/critical.gif" id="severity.literal.l5" name="Critical"/>
                    <literal icon="processattachment:/enumeration/blocker.gif" id="severity.literal.l6" name="Blocker"/>

</enumeration>

if you remove icon such as icon="processattachment:/enumeration/major.gif"  from it, something like:

<literal id="severity.literal.l4" name="Major"/>
                    <literal id="severity.literal.l5" name="Critical"/>
                    <literal id="severity.literal.l6" name="Blocker"/>

Then save it and refresh the query result, it will show as literal value Major, Critical, Blocker instead of icon.

Thanks
Steve Woodbridge selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Steve Woodbridge commented Jun 05 '16, 11:02 p.m.

Thanks for the instruction. Works like a charm.

Gagan Kumar commented Nov 24 '22, 6:18 a.m. | edited Nov 24 '22, 6:18 a.m.

Hi Don

I want to see the just opposite of this scenario.

I have created a custom Attribute with enum type
In the query, i want to display online icon of the enumeration not the values as literals .

Please suggest solution.

Thanks 

@Don Yang

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 24 '22, 6:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that this a very bad idea, because you actually remove the icon from the enumeration value. This might be possible, even in the other direction to not have an icon for the enumeration literal. The price is an incorrect process XML with potential issues in the future should the tool require the usual format.   

Gagan Kumar commented Nov 24 '22, 9:29 a.m.

Ralph , i didn't removed the icon from the enumeration values, even i had imported new icons in enum and bind those icon with my enum values,

I just want to see my query result as severity field show the result in query, only icon of the enum values not the actual values.

I have also attached image , where i highlighter , how query visible the data in icon form and other side custom attribute which i created showing values instead of icon.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 24 '22, 9:32 a.m.

I do not know any built in configuration. I agree that this is something that you would want to be able to control. I would create a case with support. I have not seen a flag or something, where I would be able to influence how the enumeration value is shown. 

Gagan Kumar commented Nov 27 '22, 2:25 p.m.

Thanks @Ralph Schoon

Can you please let me know, feedback from support team on this issue.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 28 '22, 2:41 a.m.

This is a forum here. I am not support and I will not speak for support. From a support perspective, I would assume this works as designed and does not qualify for a support request. If you want a different behavior, request an enhancement. 

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 05 '16, 10:50 p.m.
Not a direct answer to your request. If you hover your mouse over the Severity icon, a tooltip will appear showing something like "Severity: Normal", and that's the literal value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.