It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any full guide about configuring WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5 for Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence 5.0.2?

Daniel Torres (7610) | asked Jun 03 '16, 2:43 p.m.
edited Jun 07 '16, 7:56 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
Hi everyone, I'm just trying to install an RRDI for my Jazz deployment, but I'm not sure about the steps I have to follow. The deployment is like this:
Application Server A has:
  • WAS 8.5.5
  • JTS 5.0.2
  • QM 5.0.2
Database Server has:
  • JTS_DB: Jazz Team Server Database
  • QM_DB: Quality Manager Database
  • DWH_DB: DataWarehouse Database
  • RRDI_DB: RRDI Database
Application Server B has:
  • WAS 8.5.5
  • RRDI (Data Collection Component, Jazz Reporting Service, Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence)
The interactive installation guide don't have any information about WAS configuration, it just assume that you use Tomcat for default. It asks about the Operating System and Database but not if you will use Tomcat or WebSphere.
I'll appreciate any help about the correct configuration.

Thank you.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jun 03 '16, 3:33 p.m.

I don't recall there being that much configuration for WAS with RRDI.  I would advise RRDI in its own profile, though.   The RRDI setup uses tomcat ( supplied ) and part of that work can create a WAS profile to receive IBM Cognos application.

Daniel Torres commented Jun 03 '16, 6:12 p.m.

What I want is a full guide to deploy RRDI. Right now I've just installed WAS and RRDI with Installation Manager. Then I've tried to start the service going to C:\Program Files\IBM\RRDI\setup\tool\JazzTeamServer\server\server.startup.bat, and then open the URL https://localhost:10443/rrdi/setup, but I got a message "(rrdi/setup) is not available."

Any suggestion what I should do?

Don Yang commented Jun 08 '16, 12:32 a.m.

The deploy details can be found here:
https://hub.jazz.net/clmhelp/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/c_post_tasks_ovr.html&scope=null

Unless tomcat(for setup) was not started properly( INFO: Server startup in [time] ms displays in the console. and this console can not be closed), it seems you are doing correct. You may want to check with Tomcat's catalina.out and see if it was started properly. Also not sure if you installed 32bit or 64bit and whether install to system folder 'Program Files' would cause a problem or not.

One answer

permanent link
June Boston (1942438) | answered Jun 08 '16, 8:17 a.m.
The Tomcat server is a Jazz Setup Server; it just runs a Web app that is used to configure and properly install RRDI. Install the reporting package, start the Tomcat server, and follow the instructions on how to use it to configure RRDI. It will connect to Websphere and set up a new profile called RationalReporting, you don't need to do it yourself. 

See all the steps in the subtopics at:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.0/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/c_post_tasks_ovr.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.