It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does IBM Quick Deployer (QD) support WAS Liberty too ?

Mallikarjuna Kandala (1061021) | asked Jun 02 '16, 3:42 a.m.
edited Jun 02 '16, 5:47 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)
We are planning to use IBM Quick Deployer 1.2 to automate the CLM 6.0.1 apps deployment in Liberty. However, we just need a reconfirmation about whether we can deploy to WAS Liberty. I see everywhere it is mentioned as WAS but no specific mention of Liberty.

Can you please reconfirm.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clare Carty (262) | answered Jun 20 '16, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mallikarjuna,

Quick Deployer 1.2 currently deploys full WAS only. We're looking at liberty support as a future enhancement but we don't have a concrete plan right now.
Mallikarjuna Kandala selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Clare Carty commented Jan 02 '18, 12:21 p.m. | edited Jan 02 '18, 12:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

An update: Quick Deployer 2.1 has just been released and now supports Liberty for CE/CLM 6.0.5 onwards. You can download it from the Deployment wiki.

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 06 '16, 3:44 a.m.
WAS Liberty comes bundled with CLM 6.0.1 and newer. It works in a way similar to Tomcat where there is no real "deployment" at all.

When you install CLM, all the select web applications will be copied to the Liberty template liberty/clmServerTemplate/apps. When you start Liberty for the first time, a Liberty server is created based on this template at server/liberty/servers/clm, and the web applications on this running servers is located server/liberty/servers/clm/apps. If you remove an application from the server/liberty/servers/clm/apps folder, it will disappear after Liberty is restarted. If you then add it back (assuming the application is actually installed), it will reappear after Liberty is restarted. It is very simple so it should be very easy to do with UCD.

Comments
Mallikarjuna Kandala commented Jun 13 '16, 5:46 a.m.

Thank you for taking time to help.

We understand that Liberty is now default application server starting 6.0.x. However, the question is about using the IBM Quick Deployer tool  to perform CLM apps installation. Is there is a way to install CLM apps in Liberty server using IBM Quick Deployer application ?

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Donald Nong commented Jun 13 '16, 8:15 p.m.

What I want to emphasize is that there is no separate "deploy" step for Liberty. After you use Installation Manager to install CLM, everything is already in place. I don't know the details about IBM Quick Deployer, but I believe you cannot bypass Installation Manager in any ways.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.