It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add selected module artifacts to a review?

Koak Lodge (156110) | asked Jun 01 '16, 10:18 a.m.

I want to setup a review for selected artifacts in a module. Is there a way to do this?

Using the module menu button (three horizontal lines on the right side), it adds the module artifact to the review, not each individual artifact within the module (same for collection). There appears to be no way using the selected artifacts' pencil edit buttons.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | answered Jun 02 '16, 2:23 a.m.
But why do you want to do that? No you cannot do that. However when you create an artifact, whether in or outside of a module, a "BASE" artifact will be created (with the same artifact Id). If you create the artifact in a module, or add an existing one into the module, a "module" artifact will also be created (with the same artifact Id).
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2741041) | answered Jan 25 '17, 2:50 p.m.

Being able to add artifacts for review by filtering on a tag would be an option but doesn't seem to work in 6.0.2 at least.

permanent link
Francis Larocque (212) | answered Jun 02 '16, 9:33 a.m.
edited Jun 02 '16, 9:36 a.m.
I understand why you would want to have the possibility to add artifacts to a review from the module view. 

It saves times and the number of action required. 

The fastest way I could think of to resolve your problem with a workaround would be to go in your review and select "Add Artifact" then filter by attribute : Where used : *Name of your module*.  In our case we add them to a collection first and create the review from the collection.

It would be a nice enhancement to be able to add artifacts to a review from a module. 

Comments
Koak Lodge commented Jun 03 '16, 5:13 a.m.

You would still have the problem of hunting through hundreds of IDs to find the dozen you want. I've been using an open field in the artifacts to mark them per their level one heading and then filtering on that attribute (for collections and reviews). It's a time-consuming hack for sure, but it works for now.

permanent link
Koak Lodge (156110) | answered Jun 02 '16, 3:39 a.m.
edited Jun 02 '16, 4:19 a.m.

The requirements I want reviewed are in a module, grouped in sections by a heading structure. I only want to review a certain section. So I want to select that section and start a review for just those requirements. I can select base artifacts in a folder to review, but then I have to hunt through potentially hundreds of requirements (without a heading structure to guide me) for the dozen or so I want to review.

Anyone else have any hacks? I can't use tags since module-context tags can't be seen outside the module. I can't use a view since the Select Artifacts dialog box doesn't allow using module views. I suppose I could create an attribute, set it to "for review" in the module, and then filter on that in the Select Artifacts dialog box... but that seems a little complicated for a simple ask.

This appears to me like a big feature hole!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.