It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't log into JTS; user profile JTSADMIN repeatedly becomes disabled - Why?

Jeff Berman (1535) | asked May 31 '16, 12:02 p.m.
edited May 31 '16, 12:04 p.m.
 Hi everyone, I'm in the process of installing and configuring the Jazz Team Server 6.0.2 and RTC on the IBM i.  I've restored all the JTS objects and run the CFGJAZZSVR script to configure and start the server.  The next step is to run the setup wizard by going to  https://hostname.example.com:9443/jts/setup.

When I do this, Jazz prompts me to log in.  According to the documentation, I should be able to use user profile JTSADMIN, but whenever I try this it says "Invalid user ID or password".  Every two attempts disables profile JTSADMIN due to invalid password attempts (the 'Password verifications not valid' user profile attribute reflects this).  My user profile doesn't work, even QSECOFR doesn't work.  JTSADMIN is a member of group profile JAZZADMINS and has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM authority.

Any idea how to resolve this so we can continue with the setup?

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Jeff Berman (1535) | answered Jun 02 '16, 11:39 a.m.
Well, you were on the right track, Larry.  The problem ended up being related to upper and lower cases.  I don't understand the exact cause, but when I made the JTSADMIN user profile password all upper case, then I could log into the web console (by typing in the upper case password).  When JTSADMIN had a lower case password (which is the default, grrr!) then I was unable to log in, by typing the password in either case.  Strange.

permanent link
Larry McCarthy (2102224) | answered May 31 '16, 1:46 p.m.
Hi Jeff,

I've seen this caused by "disagreements" in username case-sensitivity between JTS, WAS, and/or IBM i. For instance, IBM i will always up-case the username, but JTS won't by default. You can search here (try Googling with site:jazz.net as well as the site search...) and at ibm.com (ditto, with site:ibm.com)

Sorry, it's been a while since I've solved this problem; my memory (and my notes) are for cr*p...

Hope that helps some, at least,
Larry.

Comments
Jeff Berman commented Jun 01 '16, 1:49 p.m.

Thanks Larry!

I ended up getting IBM involved; after a couple hours of poking around he said he'd have to talk to the developers.  I'll post back when I hear something.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.