It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete the value available in the Planned for dropdown in work-items?

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan (32328) | asked May 25 '16, 6:11 a.m.
edited May 25 '16, 6:30 a.m.
We imported some work-items in RTC from CSV file. But by mistake we have provided some wrong values in the Planned For field. Though we have corrected the values in the imported work-item,  the wrong value appears in the selection field of the Planned For drop down, When we verified the timeline the values are not created there. Please clarify from where the wrongly imported values to be deleted so it doesnot appear in the Planned For selection field.

One answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered May 25 '16, 6:45 a.m.

Chandrasekar,

In my experience using the csv import you need have the correct structure for the planned for.  e.g. Timeline/Interation/sub-iteration.

If you did the import using a JazzAdmin Role it will automatically edit the Timelines and interations in the project Configuration and add new Iterations you already have (if the structure is not correct in the import)

Manage Project Area > Timeline  - Search for any duplication of Iterations and then Archive these.

Due to the failures I've had - I edit the Planned for within the tool rather that doing it in the import.

I hope this helps

Matt Muller

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.