It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I limit ALL work to change sets?

David Clark (2341150) | asked May 23 '16, 9:48 a.m.
 We have enabled configuration management and so far we have some mixed reviews.

One question that has come up is: Can we disable the ability for users to work OUTSIDE of a change set? In other words we want ALL work to occur ONLY in a change set and then deliver that change set to the stream.

3 answers

permanent link
Morten Madsen (3053150) | answered May 23 '16, 11:05 a.m.
 I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are talking about programming and checking in source files in CCM then the following applies:

- When you make a change to a file, it will light up as changed, but will not automatically be checked in.
- You have to check in a change to add it to a change set.

Therefore you never work INSIDE a change set, but you add changes to a change-set, when you think it's appropriate.

Comments
David Clark commented May 23 '16, 1:01 p.m. | edited May 23 '16, 1:23 p.m.

This is specific to DNG. We are working with Change Sets in DNG. How can I prevent someone from changing the stream that the Change Set was based on, prior to me delivering the change set?

How can I force ALL work to occur in the DNG Change set?

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered May 31 '16, 4:38 p.m.
Hello David,

While in a stream, click the drop-down (Current Configuration) and under Project Area Configuration, select the stream.  Click on Details tab, and check the following checkbox in Change management constraints:

"To edit this stream, changes must be made in a change set"

Perhaps, this will meet your needs?

Diane

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered May 31 '16, 4:41 p.m.
 I found out this is a new feature that is not available in 6.0.0. We will be upgrading to 6.0.2 in a couple of weeks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.