It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I limit ALL work to change sets?

David Clark (2341150) | asked May 23 '16, 9:48 a.m.
 We have enabled configuration management and so far we have some mixed reviews.

One question that has come up is: Can we disable the ability for users to work OUTSIDE of a change set? In other words we want ALL work to occur ONLY in a change set and then deliver that change set to the stream.

3 answers

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered May 31 '16, 4:41 p.m.
 I found out this is a new feature that is not available in 6.0.0. We will be upgrading to 6.0.2 in a couple of weeks.

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered May 31 '16, 4:38 p.m.
Hello David,

While in a stream, click the drop-down (Current Configuration) and under Project Area Configuration, select the stream.  Click on Details tab, and check the following checkbox in Change management constraints:

"To edit this stream, changes must be made in a change set"

Perhaps, this will meet your needs?

Diane

permanent link
Morten Madsen (3053149) | answered May 23 '16, 11:05 a.m.
 I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are talking about programming and checking in source files in CCM then the following applies:

- When you make a change to a file, it will light up as changed, but will not automatically be checked in.
- You have to check in a change to add it to a change set.

Therefore you never work INSIDE a change set, but you add changes to a change-set, when you think it's appropriate.

Comments
David Clark commented May 23 '16, 1:01 p.m. | edited May 23 '16, 1:23 p.m.

This is specific to DNG. We are working with Change Sets in DNG. How can I prevent someone from changing the stream that the Change Set was based on, prior to me delivering the change set?

How can I force ALL work to occur in the DNG Change set?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.