It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Code Migration from SVN(Code with History) to RTC

Salman Shaikh (23412773) | asked May 22 '16, 3:28 a.m.

The Process for SVN Migration to RTC is smooth but due to many security/network related restrictions causes failure every time.

Will it work successfully to import SVN Dump on RTC Server Machine?

As code will be moved in DB, so i am thinking of doing import operation on DB server? Is this the right approach to do import operation on DB Server / RTC Server.

Note: At Client side there are too many restriction Like sudden Password changes & Sudden machines restart.

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 22 '16, 7:54 a.m.

there is little benefit to running the import ON the DB server. it still has to go thru client code and RTC server code to get into the DB. 

if you have sudden machine restarts, I would fix THAT first..

Salman Shaikh commented May 22 '16, 8:08 a.m.

Then why not i should run it on RTC Server Machine ?

sam detweiler commented May 22 '16, 8:12 a.m. | edited May 22 '16, 8:13 a.m.

like I said, there is very little benefit to doing that.  this is an I/O bound process.
you will have to install the client code on the server machine.. so, now it is a client as well.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 23 '16, 3:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sudden password changes don't happen. I agree with Sam, sudden machine restarts also don't happen, If they do, you have a severe problem with your IT infrastructure that, if not fixed immediately, will prevent any successful operation.
Also verify if your deployment topology does not over commit the servers. Except in very small test environments, you rarely have the DB server on the same machine as the Application server.

See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/StandardTopologiesOverview for more information on that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.