It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to List all the test cases whose TCERs have failed

Venkatesh Prasad (21721) | asked May 20 '16, 4:01 a.m.
Hello Jazz Experts,

Good day to you all. I need help with RQM.

We have a requirement to list all the test cases where the respective Test Case Execution Records are failed and blocked.
We do not need a report, but we need to list the test cases using filters, or any other ways.

The reason is that we then need to tag these failed and blocked test cases into a new test plan

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 23 '16, 2:17 a.m.
Hi, Venkatesh

You can go to Test Case Result view and then create a query against Status and select "blocked and failed" status there and save the query and run it, it will return those failed/blocked test cases.

Comments
Venkatesh Prasad commented May 23 '16, 8:21 a.m.

Hello Don Yang,

Thanks for answering my question, however this is not what I am actually looking for.

You are trying to filter the Test Case Results by choosing failed and blocked Results.

But, what I need is to "List the Test Cases" Not the Test Case Results.

I need to list those Test Cases, whose Test Case Results are failed and blocked.
Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks again for your reply
Venkatesh Prasad

Don Yang commented May 23 '16, 11:05 p.m.

RQM tracks execution status of TCER (test case execution record) not the test case, it does not model the TCER reference in the test case.  Instead, the test case reference is modeled in the TCER. Therefore, you cannot actually filer the result within test case view but from TCER or TER view. In my above screenshot, you would see one column 'Test Case' and those failed/blocked results filtered will show the correspondent test cases which are what you are after.

Venkatesh Prasad commented May 31 '16, 12:05 a.m.

Hello Don Yang,

Thank you very much again for the reply and for the information provided.
As per your screenshot, I agree that there is a separate column that displays Test Cases, But we won't be able to select those test cases in bulk, as selecting multiple items from the first column will again select the Test Case Results but not the Test Cases.

PS: The requirement is to select Multiple Test Cases (whose Test Case results are failed and blocked) and to move them at one shot from the existing Test Plan into the newly created Test Plan.

Don Yang commented May 31 '16, 9:37 p.m.

I don't see an automatic way to move the failed test cases into another testplan as no view will allow you to do that, you may consider to have the list of failed test case into a csv file and do something manually.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.