It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Don't want to accept a change into a stream

Theresa White (13) | asked May 19 '16, 4:21 p.m.
edited May 24 '16, 9:07 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I have an incoming change set that I don't want to ever accept because it is not valid for the release its flowing into.  How do I discard a change set that I don't want.  I want to retain the copy of the file in my stream without updating it, but I don't want the change to live in the Incoming pending changes folder anymore.  It is the only change there and I don't want to inadvertently accept the change if it just lingers there?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 20 '16, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 20 '16, 3:01 a.m.
My question would be:

Are you looking at a repository workspace or a stream?  E.g. is the object that the change flows into to be accepted a stream or repository workspace?

If you look at a stream, why does your stream flow with another stream if you develop for another release in your stream? Remove the flow target from your stream and live ever happy thereafter.

If you look at a repository workspace, you should really be working against a new stream that will represent the new release.so,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.