It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to edit work item display title?

Ilona Krammer (159449) | asked May 18 '16, 8:05 a.m.
Is it possible to manipulate the headline/title of a work item? The part were it states the work item type and a number?

This headline doesn't really contain any important information for us and is way too big. We would really need to edit it so we can have e.g. the summary content showing there.

The way it is right now it's only taken up a lot of space (and attention when you open a work item) and not doing any good.

The whole thing isn't even part of the header section, since I created a presentation that does not use any header and it's still there. I seem to have no way of getting to it.

Thanks in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 18 '16, 11:24 p.m.
I doubt that you can make it smaller, and it may not look good even you manage to do so. The work item type icon, name and number are in the same row as the other action icons (including the big Save button) on the right hand side. Unless you can move the items on the right to somewhere else (which will be a huge UI change), just make the left part smaller brings no benefit at all.

Comments
Ilona Krammer commented May 19 '16, 5:23 a.m.

Is there a possibility to edit the displayed text? That would already help a lot

Donald Nong commented May 19 '16, 5:33 a.m.

If it's only the text (the work item type name), I think you should be able to. We had a similar discussion some time back when we tried to modify the Summary field.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/214493/please-help-us-change-the-css-applying-to-the-wi-summary-field-text-box-and-label

Basically, use Web UI Theming to override the CSS.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.