It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Kick off an RTC Build when a snapshot / baseline is created

Raj K (10222125) | asked May 17 '16, 11:09 a.m.
Hello,
   I have configured Builds (Build definition / Build Engine) when a change happens and set it up as continuous Integration.

Now the question is "How to kickoff a build only if a baseline/snapshot is created my a build engineer/automated script" and not just any change?

I plan to use this to Kickoff a Jenkins in the future (When a baseline is created in the Integration Component/Stream(s))

Thanks
RK

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 17 '16, 11:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 17 '16, 11:41 a.m.
 There is no Extension Point and Operation ID that would allow to hook up a follow up action for this. You would have to somehow poll the system.  

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 17 '16, 11:54 a.m.
see this post
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/132739/jenkins-polling-is-too-slow-can-rtc-notify-jenkins-immediately

My message starts here
"my DeliverHook plugin is available here "

there are two diferent plugins mentioned.

mine, like svn/git, the plugin provides a commit hook. I think I see baselines.
the plugin runs a script.. so you can do whatever you want, same as the svn/git commit or post receive hooks

the other (just above mine), will activate an RTC Build Definition. (which might launch a jenkins job too)

permanent link
paul nusbaum (1349) | answered Oct 24 '16, 4:25 p.m.
Out of curiousity, did anyone get the 'build only if there are changes accepted' feature successfully working with an RTC/Jenkins configuration, out of the box (I believe this was mentioned earlier). 
If I understood correctly this feature was not properly working previously (granted I am a version or two behind so i'm not sure if this has been recently resolved).

Other than adding third party scripts or extensions is it at the very least possible, at this time, for Jazz source control to automatically kick off a Jenkins build upon accepted changes? (in addition to the above question this would be very helpful to get working correctly)

Thx

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Oct 25 '16, 5:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Regarding 'build only if there are changes accepted' feature, it works but with a known issue Build Definition triggers scheduled build even without changes (384477). If there are any change sets that is not visible to the RTC user configured in Jenkins, then it would result in repeated builds without any changes being accepted.

There is still no out of the box support for automatically triggering a Jenkins build when some changes are delivered to a stream.

Thanks,
Sridevi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.