It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When using the RQM Excel Importer, is there a way to Import Test Cases Linked to a Test Suite without using XLSArtifactID?

Kenneth Janssen (262) | asked May 13 '16, 4:08 p.m.
When using the RQM Excel Importer, is there a way to Import Test Cases Linked to Test Suites without using XLSArtifactID? I have no problem when using the property but cannot figure out a way to import without it.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 15 '16, 8:00 p.m.
One way or the other, you have to use something to specify the link. The application does not magically know which test case should be linked to which test suite. I don't quite understand your intention of not using the XLSArtifactID though.

Comments
Kenneth Janssen commented May 16 '16, 8:38 a.m.

Hi Donald, thank you for your response.

I don't want to use the XLSArtifactID because I do not want to maintain an extra column in an excel sheet, and I don't want to use the test case title as XLSArtifactID because I do not want to assume that every title will be unique. I am inferring from your response that there is not way to use testsuite.XLSLink=testcase without specifying XLSArtifactID?

Thank you. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.